She thinks someone is hurting you

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) readerWarnings: NoneRequested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
You were working for the town's PetSmart and you do basically anything you're told to do, but mostly worked in the back where the animals are kept.

The number one thing in the world you were so passionate about other than Taylor was that of animals, any animals had your heart and especially if you were holding one in your arms. At PetSmart, you worked with Dogs and Cats, and knowing you were clearly enjoying the job, Taylor was so incredibly happy that you had been picked for this job. 

As happy as you were with being at your job, you were even happier by being at Taylor's side. You loved everything about her, well.. almost everything. The only thing you wished she would let up on was how overly protective she was of you at times. But even that wouldn't have you trading Taylor for the world, she was your world after all. Apart from your family and friends, Taylor made you the happiest person in the world. Taylor often comes to visit you while at work, but was unable to come see you today. Even though it was only a part time shift today, it felt much longer then just a few hours of being away from Taylor. You didn't want to be gone away much longer, so you hurried through what had to get done before you can call it a day.

As much as you loved your job at PetSmart, you were glad to have thirty minutes left of the shift. The last thing you needed to do was clean out the cat kennels in the back and you were just getting to the final one when you were pulling the cat out of the metal kennel. The store named the cat 'Paul' who was white and had grey spots on him. You were holding Paul in your arms when the next thing you know, something had spooked him, causing you to get very noticeable scratch wounds. It hurt like hell but you were easygoing and let it go right away, it necessarily wasn't Paul's fault as you didn't see what spooked him so instead, you gently spoke to him.

"It's alright, honey."

The scratch wounds were sure to leave scars, you don't have time to even try to hide them as a coworker walked in on by before you could make any attempt.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Oh... I was pulling Paul out to clean his kennel for the night before heading out. Something I didn't see must have spooked him, but it's really no big deal-"

"Maybe not, (Y/n). But that needs to be taken care of, how many kennels are left to clean?"

"Just Paul's."

"Alright, you go on home a little early and please get this taken care of. I'll finish the rest and let the manager know I sent you home."

"Are you sure? I mean, I can-"

"Don't tell me you've already forgotten I'm assistant manager?"

"Right, see you than!"

That's exactly what you did, going home and feeling about the relief flow through seeing that Taylor wasn't home and wouldn't be seeing your injury.

Although you could only be sure that Taylor isn't home now, you can't say the same on how long until she does come home, but you figured you enough time to clean before she walks in and sees everything. Which you were soon to see to be only partially right about that statement.

Of course, she saw them and demanded to know caused the injury. No sooner did you pull the first aid kit from under the sink to begin the process when you hear Taylor pull in the driveway before walking inside your shared home. Hearing that she was now home, had you cursing under your breath, realizing you had run out of time.

"Shit!"

Luckily, Taylor doesn't hear that but unlucky that she walks in to see the first aid strewn about before eyes landing on your injury.

"Dammit!" you thought.

Taylor's eyes widen like never before as soon as they see the injury before immediately rushing to aid you. As gently as she could, Taylor carefully picks up your hand and nearly drops it after hearing you hiss at the pain.

"I'm sorry, baby. Tell me what happened?"

"Well-"

"Who did this to you?"

At this point, it's obvious that Taylor had forgotten that you worked with animals, not to mention she had met Paul the cat before.

"Paul did."

Taylor couldn't believe what she was hearing! Her mind races as her tongue does.

"Who is this Paul? Where does he live? I'd love nothing more than to give him a piece of my mind! No one can hurt my baby, I don't understand! How, why would someone-"

Taylor's concern was interrupted by your laughing, than comes a dirty look before settling into a question spoken through gritted teeth.

"What is so funny? Why is this funny to you?"

"You've met Paul, Taylor."

"When?"

"You know, Paul the cat?"

Taylor quickly remembers, than immediately feels like a fool for overthinking things as she takes a step back away from you.

This was honestly not the first time and  Taylor couldn't believe it had happened again. She goes to say something but you hold a hand up, stopping her.

"It's alright, Taylor! I know you were just worried but you do know that if someone were to truly hurt me, you'd be the very first to know, right?"?

"Of course." Taylor nods.

"Good. Could you please come help me with something?"

Taylor does and before you know it, you're as good as new.

All fixed up, ready to go back to work at anytime now.

Just not now.

***
Requests are open!!!
Word count: 972