She follows you through a cardiology appointment

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
It all started when Taylor had come across and found your reminder in the mail about your yearly cardiology appointment.

Taylor knew you were born with a heart condition, she knew you had to be seen once a year in cardiology for the rest of your life. It's just that, because of her crazy busy schedule, she still hadn't gotten the chance to go with you to one of your appointments. That was, until now.

When Taylor realizes she was free the day of your appointment, she jumped right on and seized the chance to finally having the opportunity to go. You have told her about it, what the appointment all requires, she was eager to see for herself just how the appointment follows through. The appointment starts off with an echocardiogram, which is basically best described as an ultrasound but on your chest instead of your stomach, than you have to get an EKG done before they come back with the final results. It has been twenty three years now since your last open heart surgery, and every year you got back the best results and try to find the best way to celebrate that. Last year, Taylor treated you to get nails done and took you out to a nice restaurant for dinner.

Coming to this appointment with you was almost like a treat for Taylor herself. She stared in awe as the echocardiogram begins. She watches the machine that shows your beating heart and for the first time, Taylor hears the murmur of your heartbeat through the machine. It was kind of funny to see her reaction, because even though she knew it was normal for you to have that murmur, it freaked her out at the same time, as if you never have told her and she is now just finding out about it. The echocardiogram took about thirty minutes before you were both escorted to a room where you would be getting EKG done, and Taylor took quite an interest in that just as well.

She watches as the doctor slaps on thirteen or more stickers before hooking some kind of wires to it. The purpose of this is to monitor your heart rate, to look closely for any possible changes, but there was none. Everything stayed the same and it looked to be good for another twenty years or so until you may need another heart surgery. When that was mentioned, Taylor couldn't help but worry, it didn't matter how healthy you are now, the mention of surgery alone frightened her, especially if it's getting done to someone she loves so much. Saying that you were nervous would be an understatement, your palms were starting to sweat as you both wait patiently for the doctor to come in with final results. You were fidgeting on the chair, trying to put your mind at ease.

It was a breath of fresh air when the doctor had finally came in.

At first, you started thinking you didn't want to know the results, but when the doctor returns with a smile, it was a smile that brought you reassurance. You sat still in your spot as the doctor goes over the results with you, while filling Taylor in of your heart condition to help her understand it better.

"Everything still remains the same, (Y/n). We see no changes since your last heart surgery."

You let out a breath you don't recall on holding at the sound of the results.

"That's a relief." you say.

"Indeed it is. You guys are good to go and we will see you next year, unless either of you have any questions for me?"

Your heads shook as if to say "No" before getting up to leave. 

On your way out, you were beginning to feel sleepy due to the fact that this was an early morning appointment. Taylor seems to notice and wraps an arm around you, pulling you close to her before whispering in your ear;

"Don't worry, baby. I got you."

"Thank you for always being there for me."

"I always will, baby."

With that, you and Taylor decided to celebrate this years appointment a little differently.

A quiet time at home, some alone time with each other.

Taylor was good at keeping your mind at ease, keep the peace from the bad thoughts.

***
Requests are open!!!