How to save a life / Closed Doors

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested:  taylorsparis

Warnings: None
Requested: taylorsparis

Song: How To Save A Life
Artist: The Fray
Song: Behind Closed Doors
Artist: ismail
***

"Where did I go wrong?"

That very thought hummed in mind, it started the minute Taylor decided she was done arguing with you and walked away.

All you know is that she had started up the car in the long driveway, so Taylor was nowhere near home at the moment. You know she would come back, but you can't help but feel that tug of worry that you may have to begin looking for a breakup song to help you in case you lose Taylor in this petty argument. You had a song picked out already, and that song was of a favorite of yours called "How To Save A Life" by The Fray. That band had been with you ever since you heard that song on the radio as the school bus driver took everyone to and from school.

Because their music has helped you through the roughest of times, you can't help but become obsessed with their music. One of your other favorites was listed "Closed Doors" by Ismail. When you look at it in a perspective way, you feel these two songs best described your relationship with Taylor, and are both mainly about Taylor. You were trying to get a hold of yourself, not wanting to fall apart before or after she comes back. Your biggest fear was losing the love of your life, it was a thought you couldn't stand. Upon waiting, you took a seat at the round table in the kitchen with a glass of red wine, putting on those two songs without headphones. That's where the waiting game begins, you weren't moving until you get Taylor to agree to talk about this amd work things out as they should be.

The Fray was the first song to play, you begin to hum before eventually singing along.

Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left, and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came

If you could only pick one thing you adored about Taylor, it would have to be her gorgeous smile.

You would do anything to see it.

As the verses go on, you can't help but go back to when you were both still in high school and sneak to each other's homes through your bedroom windows late at night. Between the lines of fear and blame, you begin to wonder why you came had you thinking back when the both of you were willing to keep the one out of trouble while the other takes full responsibility of the blame on the one time you have been caught sneaking out. It got to the point where your parents threaten to call the police and have them talk to you about the dangers that lurk around the hours of the night.

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

A trouble path is sometimes you had learned to rely on, as it was starting to have you feel comfortable with. You had lost friends in the past as they watch you slowly take the deep end until you met Taylor. Taylor is someone who helped turn your life around in the right direction. When you have the time, you sneak in phone calls during the night hours and would chat until the sun was just barely peaking out.

A lot of Taylor's songs has helped you through the darkest moments of your life, and it's not just Taylor herself, but it was her music that helped out to survive and stay alive, her songs has helped saving your life. Now that you were both in a official relationship, you spent a lot of time together.

How to save a life
How to save a life

By the time your song had ended, Taylor still hasn't come back, nor have you heard from her as you usually would by now.

You were cautious when it comes to giving her the space required, so you resisted the temptation to call her up and ask where she was at, if she was okay. Instead, you bury your face in your arms while "Behind Closed Doors" by Ismail played. It was a song you adored and spoke truly of Taylor more than it did you, so it seemed.

Yes, I look happy all the time
But you don't see me, see me when I cry

I can't find an open door
When I try it breaks me more
Should I quit and should I go?
Should I leave this all behind?
Same things happen all the time
Can't get out of my mind
Doing things I shouldn't do
If you ask me, I have no clue

When you first listened to this song, it was back when Taylor admitted that she had thought long and hard about giving up her career right before Reputation was released. You were here greatest supporter, alongside her mother, Andrea Swift.

A better treasure chest that was made for more
And there is purpose behind closed doors
A better treasure chest that was made for more
And there is purpose behind closed doors

When does this all make any sense to me?
God, I know you can set me free
And please open a door and again restore
This broken piece of me

As you were overthinking the argument that took place just moments before, it started making you feel exhausted.

While you continue to wait, you don't remember dozing off until you are wakened by a door open and closing. "Behind Closed Doors" was just ending when you feel arms wrapped around your waist. Knowing it was Taylor, you couldn't have been more relieved, and allowed yourself to lean your neck back against her chest. The two of you are quiet for a moment before she begins to hand you something. When you see that it was (f/c) rose, it nearly brought tears of gratitude and made you forget everything, why you were upset with each other.

Accepting her gift, she pulls you into her embrace with muttered apologies that had to do with that silly argument earlier. You try reassuring her that it was okay, but Taylor had other ideas.

"You don't have to apologize." you say.

"Yes I do. Because of the way I unintentionally made you feel. I apologize and I really am sorry, (Y/n)."

It goes quite for a brief amount of time before saying anything. 

"I hope you can forgive me."

"Of course I can, already done!"

You both hold each other and remain like that for a little while until one of you has to go for the bathroom.

You follow Taylor and wait in your shared bed, making this a memorable night.

***
Requests are open!!!