11 | Who's Daddy

"𝓦hat the hell was all that!" Clare leaned in as I took my seat beside Michelle.

"Was that Jeremy we saw?" Michelle's eyes were so wide, I thought they'd pop out of her skull.

Chloe leaned in as well. "Are you okay, Eva?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Stupid Jeremy just thought I'd forgive him. He couldn't even give me a proper apology. He still thinks it's all my fault he cheated."

"What a fucking asshole. The entitlement of that guy." Michelle cursed.

"But we saw that hotty in a suit take care of him. Was that... officer Blackwell? It looked exactly like him." Clare asked.

I nodded. "Apparently, he owns this place."

"Really?" Michelle arched a brow. "Never heard of a cop owning a nightclub before?"

"Same thing I thought, but apparently he owns a couple." I explained, still somewhat taken aback by that revelation.

"Hmm, well if I were you, I would have made out with him right in front of Jeremy." Clare groaned. "That fucking prick."

"Clare." Chloe nudged her sister. "Eva, if you want to leave—"

"No, hell no! This is still your night babe. We came out here to have fun, and now that Jeremy is gone, I intend to have even more fun." I smiled.

"That's our girl!" Clare cheered.

"Ladies," One of the female drink-girls approached us. "You've just been bumped up to VIP, so if there's anything you need, please let us know." She placed an array of bottles, drinks, and treats on our table."

"Shit, why did I choose today to be our driver?!" Clare eyed all the liquor and sweets.

"Oh, don't worry about that. VIP comes with a complementary driver." The drink-girl announced, and the girls cheered. Clare waited no time to grab a drink.

I shook my head knowing this was all Eros's doing.

I took a drink off the tray. There was no point in not indulging. I toasted with my friends and we fell back into our normal banter, drinking, laughing, and having fun with the performers.

"All right folks, you know what time it is!" A woman spoke into a mic. "It's amateur night, so ladies if you're feeling bold, get on that stage and show us what you got!" Her bubbly voice beamed, cheering on the women that stood up.

The dancers on stage backed away, giving way for anyone who wanted to come onto the stages.

"Eva, get up there!" Clare shouted. Chloe and Michelle quickly joined in.

"Hell yeah girl, put those dancing lessons to use! Show us those moves!" Michelle cheered.

I shook my head. "Hell no!"

"Come on Eva. Do it for my heart broken ass, pleeeease." Chloe puckered her lips.

"Come on up ladies! I see we got some fellas joining in on tonight's fun!" The woman on the mic chuckled.

Deep inside, a  timid voice urged me not to, reminding me how sinful this was and I caught myself falling into a familiar spiral. No, I refused to let it consume me. I wasn't that girl from my past anymore. I had grown, I had learned, and I had embraced my strengths and desires!

Oh god, I was doing this wasn't I? Determination sparked within me as my friends encouraged me and liquid courage snaked its way through my veins.

"Screw you guys." I said sarcastically.  "But why not."