26 | Straighforward

𝓑right gray light shone through my window.

I forgot to close the blinds and though there were thick clouds in the sky, I could tell the sun had just risen. Even the day smelt new.

The clock beside my bed tells me it's a little past six in the morning, which makes sense because this was usually the time I would be up for work.

Instead, I'm in Eros's massive cabin in the woods because someone was after me.

There was no more closing my eyes. I was up and apparently so was my downstairs area, because she was throbbing like a needy bitch. What the hell is wrong with me? I've been hornier than usual. Was my period coming up? I didn't even have my phone to check my period calendar.

As I sat up, my feet dangling at the edge of the bed, I remembered the unhinged dream I had had. Oh, that was definitely something a therapist would have a field day with. My subconscious was definitely twisted... or was it just me that was twisted?

My stomach rumbled. By now I would be having breakfast.

I searched through the bag of clothes Michelle had given me and found a nice long shirt. I loved a good long baggy shirt. They were so comfortable. This one almost went down to my knees.

Slipping it on, I headed downstairs.

It was oddly quiet, and I assumed most of the staff must still be asleep, but the cook was definitely not. The air, all the way from up the stairs, smelt mouth-watering.

Breakfast foods were my favorite and that bacon I smelt called to me.

I stepped into the dining room, expecting to find Hazel there, but instead Eros was there, looking through an array of papers as he sipped on a dark cup of coffee. His hair was slightly disheveled, his uniform slightly unbuttoned. My heart skipped.

His dark gray eyes shifted to mine the second I'd stepped in.

"Eva."

I smiled, ignoring the tingling sensation that had taken over my body the second our eyes met. "Good morning."

His eyes narrowed over me. "Hungry?" He asked, and I breathed a sigh of relief because for a moment I thought he could see through me and how my insides trembled.

"Very."

He stood, opening the chair opposite his and I took a seat. Eros left for a moment and then returned with some maids.

I noticed all the maids here were older. About my mothers age or older. In a way, that kind of brought me some comfort. That and their uniforms looked comfortable, nothing like the short maid outfits I'd seen on television.

"Good Morning Miss." One of the maids said.

Just like the night before, with Aries, the maids brought out an assortment of foods and my stomach rumbled even louder watching a plate of steamy eggs, bacon, and crepes laid before me. There was also water, juice, and coffee.

I really hope the maids got to eat some of this.

My eyes returned to Eros. He looked pensive as he studied the papers in front of him. I suppose he still had to work, but we were so far from Indigo. It was at least an hour drive. "Are you still headed in?"

"I'm on your case so I'll be wherever it takes me."

I nodded and decided to dig into my breakfast.

Eros didn't grab anything. Maybe he wasn't a breakfast person? Or maybe he had already eaten.

"Did you get what you needed to do yesterday?" I asked, genuinely curious, but also trying to break the silence between us.

"Somewhat." He admitted, his eyes looking darker behind that mug. "This operation will take a bit of time and planning."