35 | Daylight, darkness, dawn

"𝓔ros..."

Daylight left the sky, darkness shrouded the window, and when dawn hit Eros finally pulled his warmth from within me and fell beside me.

I was sore, barely breathing, my skin etched in sweat and even though my mind was shutting down, this desire Eros had awoken inside of me wanted more,  but Eros wrapped me into his arms, resting my head against his strong chest where I could hear the steady beat of his heart.

Though my core was still pulsing, tender and achy, I instantly drifted into sleep and when I woke up again, the sun was high in the sky. I could hear the shower going.

Alone with my thoughts, it finally occurred to me— what the hell had I done!?

I gave myself to Eros. I was no longer a virgin. I spent an entire day and night beneath him.

A mix of emotions swirled within me like a hurricane, leaving me overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next.

Last night with Eros had been a whirlwind of passion and deep connection, and now I was lying in his bed wondering what the hell this would mean. Were we officially a couple? Can we be, given the fact that my life was still in danger and Eros was the one working on fixing it?

There were still so many questions I needed to discuss with him, but a part of me hoped that after the intimacy we shared, he'd be more open with me. I didn't want things to go back to how they were.

And another worry lingered in the back of my mind—Aries. I wasn't an idiot, maybe Aries didn't have what Eros and I shared, but we had grown closer during my time here and he hadn't been as awful as I first thought him to be.

I couldn't stop myself from wondering how our relationship would change if he found out that I chose to be with Eros. Would he feel betrayed? Was I just overthinking our relationship? The thought of losing what I had built with Aries started weighing on my heart and I wasn't exactly sure why.

Ugh, I took a deep breath, reminding myself that my safety and resolving my current issue should be my primary focus, but I had a feeling that wouldn't be so easy anymore. The sound of footsteps snapped my attention back to the present.

Eros strode back into the room, dressed in his officer uniform and my heart skipped a beat. He looked handsome and confident. His dark hair was still wet from his shower.

"I would have asked you to join me but you were sleeping deeply." He smiled as he approached me. "Though I would have enjoyed taking you in the shower as well." His gray eyes narrowed over me.

My cheeks flushed, his comment had caught me off guard. This man had a seemingly endless libido and I was sure if he didn't have to work, we'd still be in  bed...or in the shower as he had said.

My mind raced for a clever response, but all I could manage was a bite of my lip. The butterflies in my stomach were rampant as he came closer. Despite my embarrassment, I couldn't deny the flicker of desire that danced within me at Eros's playful words.

"You should have woken me up. I could've used a nice shower after that marathon of sex." I giggled. "Do you ever get tired by the way?"

He took my hand as he leaned forward on the bed. "I'll never have enough of you." He led my hand over his hard erection.

I closed my eyes on a pained gasp.

"You are mine the second I step foot through the door again." He whispered into my ear before pulling away.

I fell back into the comfort of my bed as Eros went around, sitting on a chair, fixing his collar. My heart was pounding against my rib cage and my mind was already swirling, but those thoughts that had filled my mind while he showered filled my mind once more.

"Eva."

I looked up to find Eros's gaze on me. A look of worry streaked across his brow. "What's wrong?"

God, it's like he could feel my emotions.

"I still have a lot of questions." I bit my lip. "I've been here a while and if we move forward, I would like to know what's fully going on."

"Eva," Eros came back around, approaching me with that comforting presence. He sighed. "If that is what you want...then I will answer your questions. Tonight?"

Surprised, I nodded my head as I sat up.  "Really?" My voice was laced with hope. "Wait, are you only telling me the truth now because we slept together?"

Eros furrowed his brows. "Us sleeping together has nothing to do with it." He said sternly and there was nothing but sincerity in his eyes. "Truth be told, I've been thinking of telling you the truth for a few days now. Things are changing and I feel like keeping you in the dark might not benefit you anymore?"

"What's going on?"

Eros looked troubled for a moment, but then it was gone, replaced by strength and determination. "It is a lot to discuss, but I hope since we have gotten closer that you will be strong enough to handle it."

My heart raced. Eros was serious about finally telling me the truth, after all this time. "Okay, tonight then?" I didn't want to rush Eros into a serious conversation, knowing he was already burdened with his work and my case, but tonight, I hoped we could discuss the truth.

I wanted to know who was after me and why they wanted me. Aries had told me  it was someone from their past, but there were still things that didn't add up.

"I'll be back in time for dinner." Eros planted a gentle kiss on my lips, vanquishing my concerns and igniting a now familiar spark of warmth within me. His words lingered in the air, promising that he'd return for dinner with the answers I wanted.

"Uh, Eros." I paused him with my hand on his wrist. "We...uh...we didn't use a condom at all last night."

"You're not on birth control?"

I shook my head.

An unreadable look crossed his face, but I felt the heat of his stare, as if any second he would pounce once more...or perhaps I was just overreacting.

"I'm sure my period should be starting in a few days, so we might be fine, but just in case...could you get me a day-after pill, since I can't leave the house?"

Eros was silent for a moment and I refused to look him in the eyes. I was beyond embarrassed. It's not like I had come here prepared to do it. 

A sense of vulnerability washed over me, making me feel exposed and uncertain about what I had asked of him, however as I lowered my gaze, I felt a gentle touch on my chin, lifting my face upward.

Eros's warm fingers guided my eyes to his gaze. His expression held a mixture of sadness and understanding. Fuck, why was I suddenly feeling so conflicted. 

Was he upset that I wanted a day-after pill? I was just being safe. I didn't want a baby. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted a baby. Especially not right now, not when my life was in danger.

"If that is what you want, then I'll get it for you." He said as if it were my choice alone, as if he didn't mind if I chose the latter. Once more he stirred that mix of emotions within me.

Instead, I nodded my head, grateful for his understanding.

We spent a few more minutes together before I watched as he disappeared through the door, and alone, once more, I was left with my emotions— anticipation and... nervous.