12 | Chaos

"𝓦hat the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Dancing."

"Like that for other men?" Eros seethed.

I crossed my arms and sauntered towards him. "What's wrong? Don't tell me you're jealous." I smiled, about to walk away, when he clasped my hand and pulled me against him.

"Insanely." He said without missing a beat.

The butterflies in my stomach swarmed to life, but I tried to drown them out, because I was still angry about the way he had ended things with me.

"You have no right to be!"

"The fuck if I don't." He marched towards me and I shuffled back against each of his steps, still within his clutches.

As taken aback as I was by the fury in his eyes, I refused to back down to this man. "You tell me we should stay away from each other and then you're here, taking me away, into the privacy of your office like some jealous boyfriend, acting like you own me."

His jaw clenched.

"Or have things changed?" I questioned him, knowing he'd likely back down.

He'd seemed so adamant about us staying away from each other. I'd seen remorse cross his features more than once. No matter how heated things had gotten that night, he restrained himself, but right now, as his shoulders squared over me and he approached, I felt no restraint.

I felt chaos...and I knew I was pushing him, but I couldn't stop.

"So stay away." I repeated the words he'd told me that night and turned away.

The steps behind me were fast, as fast as the arms that wrapped around me and spun me back to face him.

"Stay away?" He grunted. "You have no idea how hard I've been trying to stay away from you, Eva, but you keep showing up, messing with my mind, fucking up my restraint, invading my thoughts and dreams and now here you are again," His fiery eyes shifted over my body, "tempting me. Do you want me to lose control?"

"I want you to let me go." I stepped back, when in truth I did want him to lose control. If that was the only way to have him, then I'd take it. "What I do and who I do it with is none of your business. You don't own me." I raised my chin in defiance, but Eros came forward, towering over me.

His ash-colored eyes lit like a flame, dark and devious.

"I don't need to own you sweet girl, when you're already mine." He tightened his grip around me.

My eyes widened as his words made my belly feel hot, but that same heat filled my blood with anger. "Is that so?" I huffed. "Should I go down there and find that man to prove you wrong?"

"Go to that man, Eva and you'll find him in pieces."

Fuck. That should scare me, right? So why were my insides dancing like a school-girl? I internally slapped myself back to reality. Eros was a cop, and if anyone could get away with murder it was probably him.

I knew he was dominant, but this level of possession was something else. This was a red flag which I knew I should run from, I should feel some level of fear, but I knew the reason my heart thudded in my chest wasn't because I feared Eros...I was excited. I was definitely broken in some way.

"Find any other man, Eva, and I'll do the same." He stepped closer. "Because you are mine."

I smirked and I knew what I was going to say next would push him, hopefully infuriate him like he frustrated me, but I didn't care.

"I don't see your name anywhere on me." I turned away from him. "I don't see a collar. So as far as I'm concerned I'm a free—"

Eros caught me by the back of the neck, pulling my back against his chest. I could feel the heated breath exit his lungs. He held me still as he leaned down against my ear.