32 | Routine

𝓔ros was patient and thorough in his instruction and I found myself enjoying training with him. With each day that passed, I got to know more about Eros. He still had that mysterious and brooding aura, he was mostly quiet and focused, but there was also a strength and intelligence that radiated from him. It was comforting.

His skills were unmatched, and he effortlessly passed his knowledge onto me. The days turned to weeks and my improvement was evident. I was becoming more skilled with each practice and by now I was hitting targets with better precision and confidence.

I felt...empowered, as if I could protect myself in any situation.

But it wasn't just Eros I had grown closer too. My afternoons had been followed by self-defense lessons with Aries, who oddly contrasted Eros perfectly. Aries had a more chaotic aura, he too was patient and understanding, but he was rougher around the edges and far more sarcastic. He constantly kept me on my toes.

Aries taught me techniques to defend myself without relying solely on firearms, emphasizing the importance of being aware of my surroundings and using my instincts.

Outside of my training sessions, all three of us would often share dinner. Occasionally, Eros or Aries would be absent, chasing a lead or off on a task. They told me what they could, but still there were things that were left out. As long as I was safe, as long as my family and friends were safe, I didn't mind it as much anymore.

Instead as we sat around the table, we would engage in deep conversations about life, our aspirations for the future. There was a sense of camaraderie and trust that had developed between us, and I felt safe and comfortable in their presence.

In a way, I had fallen into a routine with Eros and Aries, and it felt strangely good. A bond of sorts had formed between us, as unique as it was odd.

I found myself really enjoying their company, but then...there were other moments when things felt different, when the boundaries I had set for myself started to blur. I would catch Eros staring at me in a way that made my heart skip a beat, and Aries...Aries's heated touch felt like it lingered longer than necessary.

Lately those stolen glances and lingering touches became more frequent, sparking a different kind of tension between us. The lines between friendship were starting to become hazy, and I couldn't deny the growing attraction I felt towards it and I found myself craving those moments when we could let our guards down and truly be ourselves...tempting each other to give in.

It all made me feel things I shouldn't. Daily, I wrestled with my emotions, because there was a voice of caution in the back of my mind. I was aware of the complexities that came with such entangled emotions.

I'd never been in a situation like this before, living with two very attractive men who both seemed to enjoy taunting me and leaving me sexually frustrated. I tried to ignore the feelings and instead focus on my training, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

The twins were always around, and when they weren't, I found myself constantly thinking about them in a way that made me feel guilty. I didn't want to lead them on, I didn't want to cause any tension to our odd living situation, but it was getting hard to deny how they made me feel.

Lately, I was constantly lost in thought, and one of those nights, as we sat around the fire, my mind was lost in the middle of a fantasy and I didn't realize I was staring directly at Eros until his stormy eyes caught mine and smiled.

"What are you thinking about, little rabbit?" His eyes narrowed as if he knew.

My heart fluttered in my chest and I looked away, embarrassed. I'd excused myself shortly after and bumped right into Aries.

Aries looked unholy shirtless. The way the moon struck his skin and the shadows played into the contours of his muscles made me dizzy.

Fuck, that night I felt hotter than the fire that burned in the chimney. I'd touched myself repeatedly, until I had nothing else to give and when I'd blacked out, my shadows of desire surrounded and teased me, a mixture of purple and red wrapped around me, their touch heated.

I knew I needed to sort out my feelings and figure out where I stood with them, but I also didn't want to ruin the peace. So perhaps, for now, it was best I hid these feelings.

"Eva." Aries pulled me aside. "Is everything okay?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

Shit, I'd been zoned out again. Unable to focus all day.

I nodded my head. "Sorry." I needed to let go of these thoughts.

"Focus, Eva. Head up, your eyes should always be on your opponent. Don't lose sight of them." He reminded me.

Aries stood before me once again, showing me the proper stance for a strong punch. "You need to keep your guard up." he said, demonstrating the movement with his own arm. "And remember," His hands suddenly cupped my hips, "power comes from the hips."

I nodded, taking a deep breath when he stepped back. I mimicked his movements as we sparred in the gym. Aries always surprised me with how easily he moved, and how strong his punches were.

He had promised to teach me how to defend myself and I was eager to learn, but the more we trained, the harder it was getting to ignore Aries' touch. Everytime he corrected my form, adjusted my position, the way he looked into my eyes as he gave me instruction made my head spin, and I found myself increasingly aware of his proximity.

Sparring put us close, and I could feel the heat radiating off of him, his breath hot on my neck as we moved together.

"You're a quick learner," Aries said, grinning as he stepped back. "You're getting better every day."

I smiled, feeling a rush of excitement at the complement. "Thanks, you're a great teacher."

We continued to spar, our movements growing more fluid as the tension between us grew thick, almost suffocating. We moved together in a way that felt oddly natural, as if our bodies had synched up with each other.

Aries suddenly stepped in close, his ash-colored eyes meeting mine. "You're doing good, Eva." he said, his voice low and husky.

I wasn't sure if he did that intentionally, but my heart was pounding in my chest as I looked up at him, feeling the warmth on my face. I could feel it again, the sexual tension flowing between us, a palpable energy that seemed to grow stronger with each passing moment.

Aries abruptly pulled in close, our lips a hair's breadth away. I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead his lip rose into a satisfied smirk as he pulled a loose strand of hair away from my face.

"Maybe we should take a break?" he said, eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Y-yeah." I huffed, feeling the tension disappear once he backed away.