4

After this morning's fiasco with Goku, everything else more or less was as normal as it could be. Goku was still hellbent on teaching you how to channel your ki and fly still, so at least there was that to keep the topic from resurfacing. Once his gi was clean and dry he immediately changed before you walked up the little hill to his house. He explained how to feel and channel your ki the entire way, which you listened to intently.

You didn't tell ChiChi what happened this morning either once you both got to the house, but she seemed miffed anyway from Goku basically crashing at your place. "Next time don't let him in. He won't learn to not be late if he's just going to go to your house anyway! How inappropriate!" She chided, making you laugh nervously.

"It's fine, Chi-Chi. The most he did was help clean out my pantry, so now I can restock. Is there anything you need while we're gone?" Huffing, Chi-Chi didn't waste the opportunity to make a huge list of things that their household needed before handing it to you. "Make sure Goku helps carry it back."

You nod, carefully folding the list up and putting it in your small backpack. You would have put it in your pocket, but you learned from experience that if it wasn't secure, it would be gone with the wind.

"I'm coming too!" Goten said happily as he floated over to hug you around your neck, and you patted his head with a smile. "Of course." "Goten, make sure that you help out too okay? It's rude to have Y/N do everything." Chi-Chi tells him, making him nod his head quickly. "I'll help!"

Giggling, you and Goten head outside to where Goku is waiting patiently, his hands on his hips. Your cheeks slightly heated up as he turned his head and grinned at both of you, but you squashed your feelings down quickly.

Goku didn't mean anything by this morning, after all, and it wouldn't be happening again, so you didn't need to develop anything from it.

Never again.

"So, what's the type of transportation we're going to use today?" You ask, Goten giggling as Goku scooped him up. "Hmm... Oh, I got it! Nimbus!" Goku called up to the sky, and you looked around before seeing the familiar gold cloud zooming through the sky before coming to a stop in front of the Saiyan.

You watched as Goku hopped up on the cloud and sat crisscross applesauce on it as if it was solid, as Goten sat atop his shoulders cutely. "Uhh, I don't know if your Nimbus will let me sit on it, Goku.." You mutter, knowing that only the pure hearted could sit on it without falling through.

Grinning, Goku grabbed your hand and lifted you up effortlessly. "It'll be fine!" He tells you, and you find yourself in his lap instead of actually on Nimbus itself.

Your cheeks burn all over again before you go to test Nimbus with your hand, sighing a bit woefully at the fact that your hand indeed goes straight through it. "Welp, either I'm not pure hearted or Nimbus just has preferences." Goku and Goten giggle, and you try not to let your embarrassed emotions show as Goku wraps his arms around you to keep you secure.

Chi-Chi watches from the window as you all take off on Nimbus, her brows furrowed from seeing how Goku acted towards you, before her mind immediately went to the left. "She better watch herself, I don't tolerate homewreckers." Once the coast is clear, though, Chi-Chi goes to check on the phone that no one knows she has, a smile lighting up on her face as she checks her messages from a particular single contact.

****

"Once you learn how to fly, it's going to be so fun! Then we can have fights in the air!" Goku said with determination, Goten's eyes lighting up. "I call dibs on fighting you first in the air, Y/N!" "Huh?! No fair I wanted to be the first one!"

You roll your eyes with a laugh, trying to keep your hair from whipping Goku in the face as you carefully tie it low with a hairband. "Sorry Goku, Goten called it first. Besides, considering my level it's probably best." You say, sighing. "I need to up my exercises, anyway." Goku pouts as Goten giggles happily. "Fine, but I call the next fight. And the one after that!" Goku adds quickly, making Goten whine. "I'll call the one after then!"