🌤️Filler: Bulma's Cruise Party🌤️

You were at one of Bulma's cruise ship parties tonight, a faint sigh escaping your lips as the bluenette had forcefully gotten you to attend just to, as she basically put it, keep you civilized. Her party wasn't just completely random, as it was something dealing with her actual company, but she just wanted as many people as possible to be there.

You weren't really one for crowds, but it wasn't like you could just go to shore at this point; you were out in the middle of the ocean with almost 150 other people, on a super huge fancy cruise ship. You'd honestly feel better if you could at least enjoy the view alone, but currently some guy from Bulma's company was lighting up a conversation with you. A conversation that was definitely one sided and not enjoyed, but you were doing your best to stay nice and attentive, considering there were plenty of other people around too, and Bulma wanted to make sure you were socializing. If only Bulma hadn't convinced you to wear a shoulder less mini sundress, but at least you had matching leggings to go with it.

As you clutched a small cup of water in your hand, you kept on a fake nice smile and nodded wherever the guy talking to you ended a sentence or made a gesture.

Goku, who was also there since ChiChi basically forced him to come too, happened to notice you with this guy half an hour ago, and Goku... Didn't like the guy with you one bit.

But as Yamcha and Krillin distracted Goku with how fun the party was, and how delicious the buffet was, but Yamcha's comment about all of the pretty girls is what got Goku to refocus, because Yamcha motioned towards you with a wriggle of his eyebrows. "Maybe Y/N is gonna get a date tonight. If not though, maybe I'll take a chance-"

Yamcha jumped a bit when Goku suddenly snarled in his throat somewhat audibly, the ex bandit's eyes widening. "Whoa, chill Goku, I was just kidding, I know she's your neighbor and all but-- Goku?" Yamcha asks curiously when he realizes that the spiky haired Saiyan hadn't snarled at him, but instead at the guy who was still conversing with you some coupe feet away; The guy had his hand on your bare shoulder as he kept speaking about his wealth and summer home in the tropical islands, rubbing his thumb in circles over your bare skin. You were clearly uncomfortable with this contact, but you didn't want to seem rude or anything, so you dealt with it...

Until Goku was suddenly behind you without you noticing; But the guy sure did. In an instant the man backed off, surprised by Goku's presence, before clearing his throat and brushing his suit off. "Oh, I apologize. I didn't think you had a bodyguard." The man said, making you blink before you turned your head and looked up to see Goku there. "Bodyguard? O-Oh, no, this is Goku. He's my--" You start, but Goku speaks up. "Neighbor." He says with a sharp tone aimed at the man. It confuses you to hear Goku say it with such unfriendliness, but you try to continue with the introduction. "Yeah.. Goku, this is uh.. Mr. Kraven, he's--" You start again, but Kraven sticks his hand out as he interrupts you this time, speaking for himself. "I'm a shareholder in one of the biggest fashion companies in the world, I'm sure you've heard of Bella Donne Beauty and Supply." He says confidently,  and you have to gently nudge Goku to get him to shake Kraven's hand out of decent introduction.

Goku does alright, just barely putting any pressure into the handshake but it's still enough to nearly make Kraven yelp and buckle at the absolute power grip from Goku's hand. Kraven has to yank his hand away, laughing nervously as he rubs it sorely. "W-Wow, you've got quite the grip! W-Well uh, Y/N, be a dear and get us some drinks. I'd love to talk to your friend about possibly modeling some of my male clothing line." Kraven tells you, making you purse your lips before you look up at Goku again. "Um, I guess I'll be back in a second.."

Goku smiles innocently at you and nods. "Okay." You smile back at him before going to head to the buffet table, missing the nearly silent conversation Goku and Kraven exchange. By the time you've turned around to come back, Kraven's scrambling away from Goku like he's seen a poltergeist up close or something. You blink rapidly before looking up at Goku as you stand next to him, noticing a dark look in his eyes. "Goku?" You ask, and like a switch Goku is back to his usual self, smiling brightly at you. "Yeah? Oh, thanks!" He says as he notices the drink in your hand, and you smile lightly as you give it to him. "No problem. Um.. what was that about?" You ask, and Goku rubs the back of his head sheepishly with his free hand. "Oh, he asked me what my diet was or something. Just told him that I wasn't on a diet and I'm always hungry! Heh, I forget that normal people aren't exactly gonna take that lightly." He lies, but you don't know that. You giggle, setting the extra drink down. "Well, you are rather healthy despite it all. I can't even smell a slice of pizza without gaining three pounds. I'm not even considered pretty." You joke, but then Goku says something that has your cheeks flushing. "You're beautiful no matter what, Y/N."

Goku stayed by your side for most of the rest of the cruise, and you honestly had much more fun with Goku beside you. Especially when other guys no longer attempted to converse and flirt with you, scared of the towering Saiyan that would glare intensly at them without you ever noticing.

Soon enough Bulma made an announcement on stage about celebrating her company and such, applause being all around. At the same time ChiChi had come back around, berating Goku in front of everyone for something about not even dancing with her once, but Goku was taken aback by this; He thought ChiChi hated dancing with him, but apparently not...

You smiled behind your hand before prompting Goku to go have fun with his wife.

But, it didn't last that long apparently, as ChiChi wasn't satisfied. You thought Goku actually danced pretty well, but it seemed that ChiChi was looking for something more. She stomped off somewhere, and in order to keep Goku's spirits high, you decided to dance with him instead, although it was away from the actual dance floor. But the music was still loud enough to be heard from where you were.

Vegeta observed the two of you this time from a hidden spot. Arms crossed and usual scowl resting on his face, Vegeta narrowed his eyes at how you and Goku nearly seemed to be ballroom dancing. You joked that Goku was definitely the better dancer, but Goku gently pulled you closer to him, looking into your eyes. "I love dancing with you. It's always so nice.." He admits, and you flush at his complement. "I-I don't know if having random head banger jam sessions counts as actual dancing though, Goku." You say playfully.

But you're taken off guard when Goku rests his head on your shoulder while holding you close. You assume that his feelings had been hurt earlier by ChiChi, and rub his back softly as you embrace him. "It'll be okay, Goku." You say softly, feeling him sigh deeply against your shoulder. Goku wanted to kiss you, he wanted to do a lot more, but he knew better. So he'd settle for your loving friendship.

From Vegeta's perspective, he could tell already; Kakarot had deep fond feelings for you, he was holding you way too intimately. Vegeta leaves the scene to go brood somewhere else, leaving you and Goku actually alone.

You and Goku end up sitting together on the railing of the ship, looking over the expansion of the black diamond water that was the ocean. It was ethereal and scary at the same time, but you felt comfy with Goku. Goku rested his hand over yours slowly, before he made a comment that you were cold. You laugh shyly, but Goku then shrugs off the jacket he was wearing to put over your shoulders. You smile and lean against Goku to keep your balance as you pull the jacket closed, embracing the warmth from Goku's jacket happily. Goku smiles as you rest against him, and wraps his arm around your waist securely so you don't slip off of the railing. Anyone else would've definitely thought you two were lovers or something, but the second ChiChi saw, she was livid.

"Goku, Y/N, do you know how dangerous that is?!" She reprimands, startling you enough that you definitely would've fallen into the ocean if Goku hadn't been securing you.

Goku resents ChiChi for the interruption, but he's glad that she was mad for the wrong reason. As the cruise made it back to the shore, you were ready to head home. Goku was quick to offer to take you, but ChiChi told him to come back right after, meaning he wouldn't be able to stay at your house with you, which is what he wanted to do.

You thank Goku when he uses instant transmission to take you back home, but Goku hesitates before he hugs you close. "Thanks for tonight.." He says, and you smile warmly at him as you hug back fondly. "Always, I'll be here for you whenever you need me." You say. Goku holds you for a moment longer before he eventually has to let go, resting his head on top of yours. "Goodnight, Y/N." He says softly, and you smile softly. "Goodnight, Goku."

Goku smiles down at you, and before long he pops out of sight. You stand there afterwards, and it feels a bit colder in your house before you realize that you still have his jacket around your shoulders. Hugging it close, you smile softly and head to your room, kicking your shoes off and climbing into bed with it still on. Goku's lingering warmth and scent helps lull you into sleep.

You'd take a shower in the morning.