14

As the team waits for Krillin to get back with a bag of new sensu beans, Goku lays you down on the couch in Bulma's living room gently.

And then he sighs softly, braced for the onslaught of questions about to come his way by his son. As the other guys and Bulma give the two privacy, Vegeta stalks off to contemplate the possible revelation of you being a Saiyan.

If you really were a Saiyan, just how much of one were you? A full blooded one, a half? Maybe even a quarter or a fifth? Your energy from when he had first encountered you told the prince that you were just a feeble human. But today, you were much stronger, and you had nearly gone up to a much higher energy level, or you would have if your body could handle it. In that instance, a super Saiyan. It wasn't possible, unless there was another race that looked humanoid and could mirror that of the aforementioned Saiyan form.

Did Kakarot's weird instincts somehow pick up on you before he actually discovered your underlying energy, was it an inkling to somehow knowing your true race? Or did he just happen to have coincidentally managed to come across you?

And you, yourself. You definitely didn't give off the feeling that you knew anything about being anything but a human. Had it all been a ploy until the prince's words struck a nerve within you? Or were you truly that mentally waterlogged that you didn't know yourself?

Growling, Vegeta coaxed his temple slowly with his fingers. All of this was a migraine, easily. Somehow, Kakarot finds a way to get himself entangled in this mess before he even knows it! Just like with everything else! But, he always comes out on top, no matter what. And Vegeta was never going to let it go.

The thoughts circle around his mind like a bad storm, but Vegeta is careful to pick out the main points in them.

First off, if you were somehow a Saiyan, the prince would bestow it upon himself to teach you about the proud race, so that you at least knew how much it meant to be one of them, and to up your determination and strength past it's limits like never before.

And, if you were a full blooded Saiyan, he won't hesitate to inform you of the duties that you would now need to uphold. Mainly being, ensuring that the bloodline was kept strong and grow.

You'd be bearing children, full blooded and possibly royal children. If your parents were from the elite class, it would be even more so that he'd have you bearing his own offspring to keep the lineage as strong as possible.

Which caused another problem.

Kakarot.

He knew that idiot wouldn't understand, and would more than likely fight to the death with him out of possessiveness alone.

Tch, Kakarot couldn't comprehend how important it was to have you keeping the Saiyan race from going extinct! Yes, Vegeta may be with Bulma, but at the moment she was nothing more than just the mother of his half breed son, and his caretaker considering he lived with her. But that was it.

Surely, the self proclaimed genius would understand that keeping your race alive was of the utmost importance.

And then, there were the outside influences, the other threats..

Frieza, more than anything...

This stops Vegeta's pacing as a pang of fear comes from him.

Frieza would definitely target you. Dammit! If he were to catch wind of you and the fact that you could be the key to keeping the Saiyan race alive, he'd make sure you'd die a slow and torturous death in front of them.

Vegeta felt as though he was getting ahead of himself, but it was a possibility until proven otherwise.

Vegeta would have to protect you, because his life would literally be depending on it.