89 💪

Vegeta had taken on Ribrianne as you quickly took off to find Goku, your eyes searching everywhere as Goku's energy was too low for you to pinpoint. At least until you felt Frieza's energy surge suddenly before dipping back down, with Goku's energy rising just enough for you to pinpoint it.

You rush over to where you feel his energy, and spot Frieza standing near him. In an instant you were on front of Goku protectively, ready to do more than fire off a few choice words at the tyrant lizard who merely smirks at you.

Goku stands up carefully and uses his less injured arm to gently pull you back. "Y/N, relax. He actually gave me some of his energy so that I could-" Goku starts, but you growl a bit louder as you interrupt him. "You better not have tainted him with your terrible energy!" You say to Frieza, who laughs a bit sinisterly behind his fist. "Quite the protective little baboon." Frieza says, his eyes narrowing at you as he smirks more. "Just so you know, though my debts with Goku are now settled, I'd consider you to now be in my debt for saving your precious husband, Y/N." He taunts, and you raise a fist at him. "Take that debt and shove it up your--"

Goku squeezes your hip just a bit less gentler than he could have, prompting you to stop from saying something more, but it doesn't mean that you aren't slightly pouting. Frieza continues to smirk at you for a moment before he turns away, only stopping for a moment as he turns his head to look at Goku. "Remember, make sure you beat Jiren."

You watch as Frieza leaves, before quickly turning to Goku, worry all throughout your expression. "Are you okay?"

Goku smiles lightly at you, wincing as he carefully rotates his worse shoulder and makes it crick quite loudly. "Yeah, I should be fine."

You only nod for a second before you glare harshly at him, cupping his face. "What the fuck was all that earlier?!" You slightly shout, surprising Goku as he stares wide eyed at you. "Huh?"

"The whole thing with the Spirit Bomb! And the whole new transformation! I thought you had-- I thought..!" You can't finish your sentence as your anger is already being ebbed away by your former worry and fear for his life, casting your eyes downward. Goku watches you before gently pulling you closer to him, letting you rest your head against his chest as he rested his lips against the top of your head. "You know me, Y/N, but I'm fine. I wasn't expecting any of that to happen, and I'm so sorry I made you feel scared about losing me. But, but that power, I didn't know that I'd discover that. It was... Exhilarating." Goku says, and you could only sigh against his chest as you weren't expecting any less from him. Of course a new power level would mean more to him than his own health.

You lift your gaze up to him, punching him in his stomach a bit harder than you should have as he cringed, before you hugged him tightly, burying your face into his torn blue undershirt. "You big.. loveable.. crazy goof. You're gonna make me go grey haired sooner than I'd like." You mumble, and Goku laughs a bit before he holds you closer, grinning slightly.

You offered a gentle smile before sensing Goku's slight stumble, quickly lending him your support to keep him upright. "We should find a place for you to rest, Goku," you suggested, meeting his onyx gaze. But Goku's resolve shone through as he adamantly shook his head. "I want to go watch the fight between Hit and Jiren. I know you're curious too. Your tail's been squirming every time you sense their energies," Goku remarked, prompting you to reflexively rub your tail. "Obvious tell..." you muttered, sighing resignedly. "Alright, but if I end up facing more opponents because of your curiosity, you're dealing with it," you added, playfully pinching his cheek. Goku winced, followed by a grin. "Thanks."

Guiding Goku to a concealed yet advantageous viewing point, you scanned for other energies. Vegeta and Bardock appeared to be locked in combat against Ribrianne and Rozie in one direction, while Turles and 17 engaged in a separate skirmish. Nearby, Piccolo and Gohan stood guard, affording you and Goku a sense of security as you observed Jiren's tactics. The likelihood of facing Jiren yourself loomed, urging you to study his maneuvers for a potential encounter.

Amidst your observation, Gohan and Piccolo swiftly shielded you both from an unexpected ki blast, unleashed by two Namekians from an alternate universe. The sudden attack jolted the serene ambiance, prompting heightened vigilance as you prepared for potential adversaries lurking in the shadows.

As the intense clash between Hit and Jiren unfolded, your eyes widened in sheer amazement when Hit's punch landed squarely on Jiren's chest. The vibrant aura surrounding Hit's fist, a swift hue of pulsating purple, delivered a force that sent Jiren hurtling backward through colossal rock debris. Reacting swiftly, you assisted Goku to descend quietly, allowing both of you to stealthily track Jiren's trajectory without alerting anyone to your presence.

Jiren halted abruptly, mere steps from the arena's edge, ensnared within an ethereal purple aura stemming from Hit's devastating blow. Curiously, rather than moving freely, Jiren appeared constrained by this purplish shroud—a realization that prompted Goku to explain Hit's trump card: a time-stop akin to a prison for anyone struck by it.

Despite this entrapment, your narrowed gaze detected a stunning revelation. Jiren, despite being subjected to Hit's time-stop technique, displayed a semblance of movement, albeit vastly slower than his usual lightning-swift reflexes. It was an unnervingly remarkable sight.

Maintaining your covert position alongside Goku, you listened intently as the plan unfolded, Hit aiming to maintain Jiren in stasis until the time limit expired. However, astonishment gripped you, along with the other onlookers, when Jiren effortlessly defied Hit's intentions. The mere force of Jiren's glare managed to thwart Hit's potent ki blast, stunning everyone witnessing the unfolding spectacle.

Then, in an electrifying moment, Jiren abruptly seized Hit's own energy blast, leaving you gaping in disbelief at the astonishing turn of events.

In a matter of moments, Jiren not only thwarted Hit's final gambit of the time-skip prison and resilient ki blast but also forcefully expelled him from the arena's boundaries, eliminating Universe 6's most promising contender.

Your fists clenched tightly as your gaze locked onto Jiren, closely following every move alongside Goku.

Though Goku's position made him a bit conspicuous from your vantage point, the intensity in his narrowed gaze and the furrow in his brow directed at Jiren conveyed his unwavering determination to confront the mighty warrior.

Glancing down at Jiren with a calculating glare, you pondered how you might engage him given the chance. The pulsating heat in your hands mirrored the fervor building within you as you attempted to tap into the power of your SSBeast form without undergoing the transformation Goku had managed earlier. Yet, your focus was disrupted when Jiren's gaze met your own. His dismissive words about there no longer being a threat amongst the remaining fighters pricked at your pride, eliciting a visceral reaction. How dare he belittle your worth? Goku's subdued voice echoed your sentiments beside you. "He thinks we're not worth his attention."

An indignant huff escaped you in tacit agreement as you continued to fixate on Jiren, now boldly engaging in meditation, enveloped by a crimson aura that disintegrated floating debris, a testament to his immense power.

"He can keep underestimating us. He'll regret it," you retorted quietly to Goku, your determination echoed in unison, both of you resolved to defy Jiren's dismissiveness.

With half of the tournament's duration remaining, the intensity surged as both you and Goku geared up to challenge Jiren's perception of your worth.