12

(Casual Goku, collage by me, art by their original respective creators)

(A/N: Also, timeline wise, it's very random. Obviously with Goten already being here and Gohan in highschool, it seems to be around The Super Era. But it's not! Instead of Buu having been already awoken and defeated, I will insert that timeline in here instead, soon enough at least. Sorry about the summary ramble. Enjoy the story!)

*****

Goku was enjoying his time staying with you. It had been close to two months already, and he knew that he couldn't just stay with you forever, you repeated that.

Numerous times, and only because he still had responsibilities back home, even if he didn't want to return to them. But, out of everything, you wanted him to make sure he wasn't just offhandedly abandoning his two sons for you. You missed both boys dearly as well, but with ChiChi's constant presence, and her being their mom after all, you weren't going to jeopardize their relationship with their father.

It was normal enough for Goku to be gone for long periods of time, but he needed to go back, even if for a moment. Thank Kami that he knew IT.

Though, it was really the most and heartfelt fun he had in a good while. When you had agreed to start your training up again, he was ecstatic, he couldn't help it. But with your job, it was limited. And then he needed more than just his gi to wear around everytime, all things considered.

The locals were iffy about Goku, too, believing that he was a definite troublemaker causing problems for you with how much he was always quote, 'bothering the new sweetheart of the town.'

At least until they saw him training at the cafe you worked at. And by that, you meant that the women were getting a kick out of having a hot stud with a kind attitude being around frequently. And your manager was getting quite the upscale in revenue. Even more so that he actually offered Goku the job of, well, looking pretty in front of the cafe.

Goku wasn't bothered by it at all, but that didn't mean that the other men weren't. Goku could easily wipe the floor with them in a fight, and you knew he wouldn't back down from that in any way, so you ended up having the manager make a competitive game out of it.

Why you even thought it would be a good idea to do so, you had no idea anymore. But, good lord Kami, it was the best and worst thing ever.

One of those competitions was nothing more than a standard push-up battle; Whoever could do the most pushups for the longest would win a prize. It was either some food from the local buffet, a free day at the best hot springs nearby, or a cash prize of 1500 Zenni.

You couldn't pay complete attention to it considering you were serving both locals and tourists coming through, most of the crowd surrounding and obscuring all the challengers anyway.

But when you were told to bring out cold refreshments to the competitors, you nearly dropped every glass at the sight of Goku.

He was obviously in the lead, doing a full on handstand pushup with just one finger holding up the rest of his body as his free arm was crossed behind his back, all while shirtless and not breaking a real sweat.