57

(A/N: If you're wondering when I'll get to the tournament, the answer is: Soon. Just a lot going on irl and I don't wanna really focus on the main plot right now, just writing random moments that kinda keep the character building/inner conflicts going for Y/N. If you like randomness more than the plot line that's great too, cause it's definitely a stress reliever. Other than that, I hope you're all enjoying the story as far as it's been going. We're almost 60 chapters in!)

You anxiously nibbled on your nails, feeling a wave of nerves wash over you as you awaited the arrival of your supposed cousins. With being adopted and the literal odd one out in the family, your cousins managed to make you incredibly uneasy, and not in a positive way. Your stomach churned and twisted like a gymnast performing complex routines, and if you still possessed your Saiyan tail, it would be puffed up and twitching uncontrollably, giving the impression that you had been electrocuted.

Lost in your thoughts, you jolted in surprise when Calalo gently placed a hand on your shoulder. Standing alone in her front room, you could hear the laughter and chatter of Goku and the others enjoying themselves in the backyard.

Calalo offered a comforting smile, fully aware of your anxiety. "Y/N, worrying excessively about this won't benefit you in any way. Your cousins simply want to reconnect with you now that you've started to come back into the fold. And you know us, we're more rabbits than humans, and that includes in terms of our strong family bonds."

You let out a weary sigh. "Yeah, I get it. You guys are very family-oriented, but I was literally the only Saiyan, even before I knew I was."

Calalo gently takes hold of your hand and guides you towards the couch positioned in front of the window, motioning for you to sit beside her. "You need to understand that you are just as much a part of this family as anyone else, regardless of blood ties," she reassures you, her voice filled with warmth. You glance down, feeling a tinge of guilt. "I... I know. And now I have a family of my own, one that I wouldn't trade for anything, not even for complete acceptance from everyone in this family," you respond honestly, a faint smile gracing your lips before fading away.

Calalo plants a tender kiss on the side of your temple, her smile soft and comforting. However, her attention is soon drawn to a luxurious car pulling up, causing her to rise from her seat.

Curiosity piqued, you follow her gaze, your nerves intensifying as you catch sight of the individuals stepping out of the vehicle. Not only are your less favorable cousins emerging, but your actual favorite cousin is also among them. The one you had warned Goku about, albeit not revealing the complete truth. This favorite cousin, who you share no blood relation with, also happens to be your very first crush.

 This favorite cousin, who you share no blood relation with, also happens to be your very first crush

(Cousin #1: Moche (mo+chi))