9

You were taken aback and frightened by this sudden appearance. Seeing Goku here so suddenly, so unexpectedly, you didn't know what to do. You felt frozen on the spot.

But, when you see Goku approaching you, you feel your body moving on its own to back away. He followed your every step until you were cornered against the wall, his unwavering gaze fixed on you. You could see the pain in his gaze, your heart panging with guilt at knowing you were the reason behind it. Who else would be responsible for making the nicest man in the universe look like he lost faith in humanity?

He didn't need to be here. He couldn't be here.

"..y... You... you have to go." You urged him to leave, your voice cracking and being weak, but he firmly grasped your shoulders, refusing to go.

"No, I'm not going to have you disappear again.. I've been searching for you, for so long..." Goku said quietly, his grip tightening a bit, enough to make you almost wince.

"You need to be with your family, not me. J.. just go." You insisted that he couldn't stay, but he unexpectedly raised his voice at you.

"I can't lose you again!!.. I cant..!.. I'm not strong enough... I can't lose you again... don't push me away, Y/N.." He pleaded desperately, expressing his fear of losing you again and admitting his own weakness.

Witnessing the man you loved in such a broken state shattered your heart once more.

No, it was a lot worse...

The tears that you had managed to stop before, the ones you thought had dried up, came back with almost a full force, and you were desperately trying to keep them from spilling over.

You didn't even realize that he had moved closer to you, nearly squishing you between himself and the wall as his temple gently rested against your own.

"Come back home... Come back with me... Please..." Goku's hands slowly loosened from gripping your shoulders, brushing down your arms before resting over your own hands, gripping them gently.

You missed the warmth emitting from them. How soft they felt despite being rough and calloused, how gentle his grip was despite the sheer strength behind them.

But...

You pulled your hands away from his, turning your gaze to the floorboards instead of looking at any part of him as best you could.

"T... This is my home, Goku... I.... I can't go back... I can't keep ruining your life. It's all I've been doing and... I... I know my place. I know that I've almost ruined your family already, and I... I won't do that again.." You say quietly, ChiChi's words hitting you freshly all over again.

You were a homewrecker, someone who happened to stumble into a world that they had no business in. You nearly broke his family already, Goku's family... Not again..

"You are my family, Y/N. You always have been.. Why would you think that you never were...?"

You shut your eyes as Goku moves his hand to softly raise your chin up, swallowing thickly. "Please look at me..."

This was too much for you as you shook your head a small bit, clenching your fists. Having him here so suddenly, so close. That spicy sweet cinnamon smell, the warmth that you had felt from his hands just a moment ago, radiating from his entire body, was making your heart pound.

You could feel yourself aching to just give in, that your love for this man was still as strong as ever, if not more. You wanted to forget everything that had made you give it up in the first place and let him have you, but reality didn't---