73

Today, you found yourself once again on Beerus's planet, but this time you were training exclusively with Whis while Goku and Vegeta were occupied with other tasks assigned by the angel. Goku couldn't help but wonder why you were receiving individual training, but he quickly dismissed it as he and Vegeta were busy dealing with the chaotic antics of two-headed alien goats. These creatures appeared cute but emitted deafening screams and frequently fainted, making it a challenging task to gather and organize them in designated enclosures.

Meanwhile, Whis had transported you to a peculiar dimension within his staff. He stood beside you, his arms folded behind his back, and explained, "Today's training will focus on enhancing your speed and stamina recovery." His words caught you off guard, causing you to blink in surprise. "Have I been slacking off that much?" you asked anxiously, nervously biting your bottom lip. Whis responded with a neutral smile, gazing ahead with determination.

"I simply believe the entire ordeal you had with Zamasu and Black has put a damper on your determination. Now, I know that you had a moment of rest with getting married to Goku and everything, congrats by the way, but it does not hide the fact that your mental strain has been quite.. clamped." Whis states, and you look down quickly. "I.. I'm fine, I keep telling everyone that I'm fine, and I mean it." You tell the angel, feeling his digits gently raise your chin so that you're back to eye level with him. "Y/N, even a blind man could see that faraway look in your eyes. I'm sure Goku doesn't push it because he knows what happened and respects your wishes to let it go, but even now your husband is distracted because he isn't with you in case you break down." Whis states gently, and you swallow thickly. "Now, I feel as though you'd fare better to actually speak about it, otherwise I cannot continue to train you. And at such a terrible timing as well, with the tournament about to begin."

You flexed your fingers carefully as Whis says this to you, breathing carefully before you respond, trying to ignore the glistening that instantly came to your eyes. "It's.. I just, even though we won, and I got my payback beforehand it.. It was that feeling.. The total helplessness I had to go through. It was like I was some numb little bug caught on the end of the spider's web. I could just barely get free, but that spider only took notice of me when I struggled." You admit, your voice quivering before you cleared your throat. "But that's all. I.. I need to just refocus and gather myself, there have things that have been done by far worse people, so there's no reason for me to be so beat up over getting light torture from a maniac." You explain to Whis, who watches you.

"Y/N, you are right about people going through far worse things, but that doesn't mean their pain mirrors your own. You are a strong person, Y/N, but you should know that it's okay to ask for help. You don't have to suffer alone." Whis tells you with a soft fondness, making your tears slightly spill over before you nod, and then hug the angel tightly with a soft thank you. Whis is slightly taken aback, but relaxes and returns the hug with a smile, gently patting your back in a soothing manner. After a moment you finally fompose yourself and let go of Whis, giving a gentle yet determined smile. "O-Okay, I'm ready to start training, Whis."

Whis smiles at you and nods, before he holds up a pair of twin cat bells. "Alright. Your training for today will solely focus on your speed and stamina. There are twenty of these that you must collect in a set of five rounds. Each round, or each setting within this dimension I might say, will be very different and very spontaneous. It could be hot or cold, the gravity very light or very heavy, there is nothing too far or too in-between. Your task is to collect all of these bells, which will be scattered around in various places. This first round in which you can collect all twenty will also set the timer for the next four rounds. Say, it takes you ten minutes to find all of them in the first round; You must find all of these by the next few rounds in that time frame or less. If you're a second over, these bells will detonate rather harshly. Are you ready?" Whis explains, asking you afterwards.