68

Vegeta refused to intervene in the fierce battle unfolding between Goku and Black. Instead, his sole focus was on swiftly returning you to the safety of the underground hideout where the remaining resistance fighters were concealed. As he soared through the sky, he remained vigilant, prepared for any sign of Zamasu's presence. Yet, despite his apprehension, he cradled you with utmost care, fearful that your already battered and bruised body could succumb to further damage at any moment. "Hold on, Y/N. You're a Saiyan, damn it," Vegeta growled softly, his voice tinged with vulnerability. The thought of losing you terrified him, and he couldn't let his pride stand in the way of acknowledging that. Your presence was barely perceptible, your breath so faint that even Vegeta's acute hearing strained to detect it. He cradled your head even more delicately, concealing his own energy as he approached the devastated city. With a cautious glance around, he made his way to the hideout where Trunks and the resistance fighters awaited. His steps were light and hurried, his gaze alternating between you and the path ahead, until he heard Trunks calling out to him. "Father!"

Trunks hurriedly approached Vegeta, unable to conceal his gasp of horror upon witnessing the state you were in. However, Vegeta remained resolute and continued walking. "Prepare a place for her to rest. And bring me one of the Senzu beans," Vegeta commanded tersely, as he and Trunks reached the hideout. Trunks wasted no time in following Vegeta's instructions, while Mai rushed over with the bag of Senzu beans. She too gasped, overwhelmed by a profound sense of guilt, but quickly placed a Senzu bean in Vegeta's outstretched palm as he carefully laid you down, still cradling your head to ensure your breathing wasn't obstructed. Vegeta then chewed on the bean, and Trunks and Mai's eyes widened as he gently pressed his mouth to yours, transferring the healing properties of the bean. His thumb subtly caressed your cheek before Vegeta broke the necessary kiss, his gaze fixed intently on you.

The Senzu bean worked its magic, and a sense of relief washed over the group as your breathing improved significantly. However, you remained weak from the prolonged lack of nourishment.

Mai wasted no time in fulfilling her role, handing Vegeta a canteen of water before utilizing one of the capsules containing an abundance of medical supplies to tend to your wounds. There were now distinct and sizable scars marking your body. Once the cleaning was complete and you had been given some water, Vegeta rose to depart. "Father—" Trunks began, but halted as Vegeta raised a hand to silence him. "As much as I desire for Kakarot to vanquish Black, he won't be able to sustain his energy indefinitely," Vegeta stated, his gaze shifting to Mai. "Ensure Y/N's safety, woman." Mai nodded resolutely, observing the Saiyan prince and his son as they left the hideout. As they ventured outside, Trunks spoke up once more. "What transpired out there? Did Goku transform into his Super Saiyan Blue form and confront Black head-on?" he inquired, prompting a soft 'Hmph' from Vegeta. "Kakarot is currently in a form that only he and Y/N have ever achieved. However, it is a double-edged sword if he maintains it for an extended period, particularly driven by pure primal rage," Vegeta explained.

Only after they had distanced themselves from the hideout did they ascend into the sky, with Trunks trailing behind his father. "Hold on, why is it a form that only Goku and Y/N can achieve? We're Saiyans, shouldn't we be capable of it too?" Trunks questioned, prompting a dismissive sound from Vegeta. "It seems that this particular form can only be attained by two fully-fledged Saiyans who are mated. However, it is even more perilous than our Super Saiyan Blue forms. It's an uncontrollable surge of adrenaline, and those two fools had to endure burn marks and even bite each other to regain control," Vegeta elaborated, leaving Trunks looking perplexed before a realization dawned on him. "Wait, so Goku is in this uncontrolled state, but we can't just awaken Y/N to assist!" Trunks exclaimed. Vegeta grunted in response to his son's words. "Kakarot believes her to be deceased. So did I, until I noticed she wasn't. He remains unaware, and Y/N's energy is still too feeble to capture his attention," he informed his son.