18

It was such a mess. After ChiChi left the house, you went to try and compose yourself.

That had been two hours ago.

Seeking solace, you retreat to the sanctuary of one of Bulma's bathrooms, desperately trying to contain your tears. The weight of guilt overwhelms you after ChiChi, in front of her sons, unjustly blames you for tearing apart her family.

In a tender gesture, Goku cautiously enters the bathroom, aware of the deep love you both share. He understands that ChiChi's portrayal of herself as the victim is misplaced, and he is determined to offer you solace.

Gently, he envelops you in his arms, cradling you in his lap, and holds you tightly, your head finding solace on his chest. "Y/N, none of this is your fault. I take full responsibility for not acting on my feelings earlier and ending things with ChiChi."

Resting his face against your hair, Goku feels the weight of your presence against him, your head nestled on his shoulder. "I'm grateful that our paths crossed. Without her, I would have never experienced the joy of being with a woman who truly brings out the best in me."

Your cheeks burn as you listen to Goku's words, but you can't get yourself to look up at him.

"B-But... But I still... I didn't want Goten to.. O-Or even Gohan.. I'm sorry, still.." You say quietly, your voice slightly hoarse from the slight sobs you had earlier.

Goku hums quietly. "I don't see how this is your fault, Y/N. Nimbus might have preferences like you said though, cause you're the most pure hearted person I know."

Goku tenderly lifts your chin, his eyes filled with adoration as he gazes into yours. A warm, affectionate smile graces his lips. "You are my everything, and I can't express how deeply I love you. From the moment we met, you've been by my side, taking care of me, tending to my needs, and ensuring my well-being, whether it was healing my battle wounds or soothing my clumsiness."

A blush spreads across your cheeks, the intensity of Goku's love enveloping you. Leaning down, he playfully brushes his nose against yours, sharing an Eskimo kiss. "You have no idea just how much I truly love you. And right now, all I want is to be there for you, to support you in any way I can."

You give a soft smile, closing your eyes a bit as Goku  gently wipes away the tears on your face.

With a soft nod, you look back at the spiky haired Saiyan. "T.. Thank you, Goku."

*****
The following two weeks were a whirlwind of chaos after the incident. Despite the turmoil, you couldn't afford to stay home as you had a job to return to. Thankfully, a solution was devised. Bulma generously arranged for a month-long stay at the finest hotel in your town, ensuring that everyone's living arrangements were taken care of. Vegeta and Trunks had their own designated spaces, while Goten would split his time between staying with you and Goku, and rooming with Trunks, allowing you and Goku to have some much-needed privacy.

During your off days, Vegeta wasted no time in training you, pushing you to your limits. His training sessions were relentless, but he made sure to take you to remote locations, away from prying eyes, where you could endure the rigorous workouts without interference.

"You're still holding back, Y/N. Do I need that arrogant woman to come here so that you put in an effort to prove her wrong? Or do you just enjoy being in pain like some sort of masochistic female?"

You growl, returning the glare that Vegeta already had on his face before getting back into a stance to take him on. "I'm trying!"

"Hardly! You don't seem to comprehend what it means to be of a proud race! You haven't grasped the fact that you're a Saiyan despite literally being one. Your parents are probably rolling around in their graves!"