20.SHOCK

After Natasha and her mom left, they had been trying to contact Kunj , asking him to let them see Ansh on weekends but he strictly refused to do it.
He said Natasha had lost all the chances to meet Ansh after hitting him.Once,he only let Sudha meet Ansh and that too in a nearby park just for half an hour.

Weeks later,Ansh plaster was to be removed so they came to the hospital and Twinkle was waiting outside the doctor's cabin when she saw Mahi passing through the corridor.

If not for a surprise look on Mahi's face, Twinkle would have turned away and tried to ignore her but it was too late for that since she was standing almost in front of her.

M- Twinkle,what are you doing here?
She asked eyeing her up and down.

T-Umm... I am here for my son.
She gestured at his broken arm that's when her eyes fell on her hand rubbing her slightly protruding belly.

M-Ohh.. I am here for my monthly check up.There was so much arrogance and unnecessary pride in her voice.'I hope mom has told you that I am three months pregnant'.

T-Wow! Congratulations to both of you.
She was genuinely happy for her sister.

Kunj was walking back to Twinkle from reception when he saw her talking to her half sister.When he came near them he heard Mahi told Twinkle that she is pregnant.

When Twinkle felt Kunj's presence behind her she turned
T-Kunj, Mahi is pregnant.
She beamed enthusiastically at him and he felt an unknown feeling tugging at his heart.

K- Congratulations to you and Varun.

M-Thanks Kunj...By the way Twinkle, what about you?

Twinkle blinked innocently
T-What about me??

M(smirking)-Why aren't you pregnant yet? I mean you got married before me, so you must be the first one to get pregnant.

T-I already has a child.She looked down at Ansh innocently.

M-Twinkle,I am talking about your own child.Your own flesh and blood , not someone else's child.She rolled her eyes at Twinkle.

Twinkle was holding the string of her patience. Why did she always have to remind she isn't Ansh's biological mother? No matter what, Ansh was her son.Sbe was about to open her mouth to lash back at her when Kunj said,

K-Mahi,you know how busy Twinkle already is with Ansh and her exams.
I don't want to stress her with a baby now.We were waiting for her studies to get over so, you can very soon except some good news, isn't it darling?

He turned to Twinkle,her eyes were wide with shock and embarrassment.
He didn't want to give Mahi the satisfaction of seeing Twinkle hurt,but that was not the only reason he told her this .

K-Where is Varan,by the way?I didn't see him anywhere.

M-He didn't come with me,he had an important meeting.
Her voice stammered and there was a sudden change in her expression.

K-He didn't come with you? I would have never let my Twinkle come alone for her monthly checkup no matter how important the meeting is.

Kunj enjoyed the mortified look on Mahi's face.She clearly hadn't expected that from Kunj, making her realise she should think twice before talking to Twinkle like that when he is around.

Twinkle was standing there thinking what was going around her and what she was supposed to say. Thankfully she heard a nurse calling Kunj's name.

T-We should be going now,Mahi.Take care of your health.

M-Huh whatever.
She muttered and controlled the urge to stomp her foot on the floor.She wanted to stangle Varun for not agreeing to accompany her to the hospital.She hadn't missed to notice the changing behaviour of her husband.He was giving her least to no attention from the past few weeks and she wondered what was wrong with him.She wished Varun to be like Kunj who never hesitate to kiss and love Twinkle in front of anyone.She huffed and walked away.