26.First Trial

Twinkle didn't know how five days had passed so soon in Nanital.
She had her life's best time there with Kunj and Ansh .Staying with Kunj in the heavenly place,made her experience the true essence of being a married woman.The trip was nothing less than a honeymoon that she had ever dreamt for.

They spent most of their evenings near the lake, talking and playing with Ansh.And in the mornings,he took them to visit snow view, tiffin top,zoo and other famous places there. Her favourite out of all was walking the empty street of Nanital , holding Kunj's hand and kissing him like a love-stuck teenager.

In the evenings, they enjoyed candlelight dinners arranged by Nina and other maids in the villa. After putting Ansh to sleep, they would relax on one or other loungers on their deck, facing a millions of stars that illuminated the night sky.

The night before they had to return from Nanital, Kunj was lying on a lounger with a blanket covering his legs. Twinkle had just put Ansh to sleep when she walked into his arms.
Her heart was going erratic whenever the thought of them going back to Amritsar crossed her mind.

K- Is Ansh asleep?
Kunj asked making some space for Twinkle before tucking her into his arms and pulling the blanket over her body.

Hmmm, she nodded silently .Kunj didn't have to wonder the reason for her silence because he knew what exactly was bothering her.He hasn't seen her smile even once from the morning and he knew why. They both kept staring into space, feeling warm and comfortable in each other's arms.

'Kunj', she raised her head from his shoulder after a long silence.

K-Yes baby? He looked down at her.
Her eyes were like an ocean of thoughts and questions.

T-Shall we not go back and spend the rest of our lives here?
If they weren't in such a miserable condition ,Kunj would have laughed at her childishness but her question only managed to punch a hole in his heart.What would he not sacrifice to stay away from the place which they called home?He was ready to give up everything that he had back there, so that they could live a happy and peaceful life together. As much as he wanted it, he knew that it was nowhere near possible.

He sighed heavily and ranked his fingers through his hairs.
K-Twinkle, you know that's not possible,love.... You have your studies to complete and I have my business to run. Moreover we can't run away from the law. We will have to face it, Twinkle instead of running away from it . We need to prove to the world that Ansh belongs to us.

No matter how sensible he sounded, Twinkle couldn't bring herself to agree with him. Nothing mattered to her more than keeping Ansh with her, not her friends, not her family and not even her studies.
How much she tried,she couldn't stop her tears from flowing . She dipped her face into the crook of his neck and let out the tears of sorrow from her eyes. This time Kunj didn't stop her. She had to let out her fear and grieve, so that she could move forward. He kept petting her hair until he heard completely stopped crying.

K- I know how difficult it's going to be for us , Twinkle but didn't we agree on facing it together? He placed his finger under her chin to make her look at him.' We have no other option left but let's not lose hope.

She nodded and her tears started flowing again.

K-Now stop crying, Jaan. He pulled her back into the house. After putting her to bed ,he felt like having a drink, a strong one. When he was sure that she was asleep,he poured a drink for him and went back to the lounger. He didn't know how long he sat there drinking .

The whole situation was totally unbelievable. All the turn of events in the past two months was hard to take in for any human being. All this could have been easier if Tara had tried talking to him. Of course,he might had been mad at her even would have gone to extent of divorcing her but atleast no one did have to go through this hell, especially Twinkle and Ansh,
who did nothing wrong in this matter.