22.Her Fears

The situation at Kunj's house became very unnerving just in a matter of days. Twinkle had no words to console him.She gave him some time to recover from the shock and when she tried to talk to him,he simply refused to discuss anything regarding the issue.The whole weekend,he was stuck in his own turmoil of thoughts.He didn't shower or eat and remained in his study.

He kept telling himself that Tara could never cheat him and this was a crappy trick of Natasha to gain access to Ansh.

'Kunj'... Twinkle peeped into his study when it was past his bedtime.

K-Hmm??He mused looking at his laptop.

T- Aren't you coming to bed?

K-I have some work. Don't wait for me.He continued to stare at his screen.

T-But Kunj...

K-For God's sake,will you leave me alone, Twinkle?He snapped at her making her flinch back .

She wanted to know what he was thinking but his mental condition was very fragile,so she decided to leave him.She quietly closed the door behind her and walked to Ansh's room to check on him.He was in a deep slumber, sucking on his thumb.She gently pulled his thumb out, placed a kiss on his forehead and brought the cover till his chin before leaving to her room.

She laid on the bed and closed her eyes but sleep wouldn't come that easily.She remained awake for God knows how long. She feared about what would happen if by the slightest chance,Ansh wasn't Kunj's biological son as claimed by Natasha.

No doubt,she would still love him endlessly because he would always remain her son,no matter to whom he was born but would Kunj be able to accept the betrayal? Would he be able to swallow up his me pride and accept Ansh as his own?Or would he begin to hate him after knowing he isn't his own flesh and blood?She kept thinking.

After a while she felt the bed dip beside her.It was around four in the morning when Kunj came to bed from the toss and turns,she could make out that he hadn't slept an ounce.

The following morning, when she woke up,the space next to her was cold and empty.She got up and freshened herself before deciding to make breakfast.

''Kunj...Kunj...''She looked for him everywhere in the house but he was nowhere to be found.

T(mumbled)- It's just seven fifteen, where could he have gone so early in the morning?
She dialed his number.Her calls went unanswered.She sighed and began to make a cup of coffee for herself.

After Lily's arrival,she took a cab to the college.While on her way, she tried Kunj's office landline number.

''Hello..Mr.Sarna's office...''Spoke his secretary.
T-Hello,I am Twinkle..Is Kunj there?

S-Oh good morning Mrs.Sarna, Mr.Sarna is in the middle of a meeting.Is there an important message that you want me to deliver to him?

T-Ohh.. don't worry. I can call him later.Thanks bye.
She ended the call.

Twinkle felt relieved when she saw friend at college.

A-Hey girl!! She chirped.

T-Hi, Twinkle didn't have to say anything more. Alisha understood something was wrong with her.

A-What happened?You look very down this morning.
She enquired as she studied her face more.

Twinkle huffed and narrated everything that was happening at home.

A-I can't believe this.She stood rooted to the ground.'How is jiju taking all this?'

T-He hasn't spoken to me after that..I have no idea what's going on in his mind.
Twinkle replied plainly, remembering how he had snapped at her last night.