39.Forgiveness

It had been a week since the judgement but Kunj hadn't spoken a single word to Twinkle. She felt hurt, ignored and rejected by him. It scared the shit out of her to think what would happen if he totally ignored her, say for the rest of their lives.

It hurt her everytime she remembered Kunj begging her to believe him. It was she ,who rejected him first and now what gave her the rights to ask him not to reject her, her inner voice kept taunting her.

Everytime she saw him around, she would push away her fear of rejection and asked for his forgiveness but he only ignored her and treated her coldly. Twinkle understood that he was being harsh to her on purpose, like it was his way to punish her for not believing him and she took it silently, not wanting to create any more problems between them.

T- He hasn't talked to me in weeks, Alisha. It hurts me so much. She wept against her friend's shoulder

A- Shhh.. it will be alright soon. He is just hurt and angry. Give him sometime and I promise things would fall into its place. She said rubbing her back.

T- He hates me, Alisha. I think he will never forgive me. I'll die without him.

Alisha sneered at Twinkle.
A- Didn't you realise this before, dummy? There was a mock in her tone but she quickly felt bad for it, seeing Twinkle cry more, 'I told you, I saw how much he loved and cared for you when you was admitted in the hospital. I doubt he will ever hate you, Twinkle. Let him recover from the hurt and keep trying. Okay?'

Twinkle nodded but her tears never seemed to stop.

After her final exams, Twinkle was totally free at home. She was offered a job at the General Hospital but she didn't take it. She didn't want to commit her too much by signing up a job at the GH. She wanted to set her own clinic some day, where she didn't have to work her ass of but that was for later. Now she wanted to take care of her beautiful family, ok not beautiful like before because she almost ruined it.

She was in the kitchen flipping the pancakes when she suddenly remembered Kunj proposing her with a ring but she had thrown it on his face. She pressed her lips together to control her tears but she failed miserably.

Kunj had just woken up from his sleep that morning as he felt hungry and wanted to have a glass of milk. He went inside the kitchen where he saw Twinkle standing near the stove, alone and trying to wipe her tears. It pained him to see her like that.

' You idiot, go hug her and end ber misery.' His mind chided him but he remain rooted to the ground. He would have forgiven her if she hadn't broke his heart so many times but she did.

How many times he had tried to tell her how he felt for her but she didn't trust him. A relationship without trust as good as doomed.

He quietly walked back to his room because he was sure that he would give in and forgive her if he saw her crying like that anymore.

************************************

' How much more time did he need?' Twinkle asked herself. She couldn't bare his harshness anymore.

She wanted to love him.

She wanted him to love her.

But it would never happen if he continued to ignore her.

Okay, she knew she was wrong but how much more time did he need to forgive her? I was already months now since they talked to each other .

She was missing him like crazy and she wanted him to know it.

Gathering all her confidence and courage, she stepped forward and entered their bedroom where he was reviewing a file. She took a deep breath. She tried to maintain a staright face when in actuality,she was shivering but she had to do this, no matter what. She couldn't let her life crumble in front of her eyes and she had to do something about it.