38.End of custody battle

Twinkle stared at Kunj's misery on his face. The grief gave us a tsunami but she held it together. She walked near him, perched on the couch beside him and touched his forearm. He stiffened and turned away.

Now that Kunj knew the truth about Tara,she feared that he would go back and grieve for her, feel guilty for not trusting her enough. She was happy that he finally got to know the truth because Tara didn't deserved to be hated by Kunj for the rest of his life.

Whatever she did was out of fear of losing her love. The only mistake she did was to hide her abusive past from Kunj.

As much as Twinkle knew, Kunj would have understood Tara and loved her no matter what,if she had been honest to him from the beginning. That way she could have taken Kunj to Abhishek's flat and stopped the horrific incident from ever happening.

Whatever, Kunj and Tara's love was ill fated and short lived. Twinkle didn't know if she felt bad or happy about it. If Tara had been alive, Twinkle wouldn't have had a chance being Kunj's wife but at the same time, she wasn't inhuman to celebrate someone's death.

Twinkle touched Kunj's forearm and ran her hand up and down in a soothing motion but much to her dismay ,he stared at her with eyes as cold as ice and shrugged her hand away. Her already broken heart, cracked more as he went into his study room and slammed the door shut.

************************************
Kunj felt his chest tightened and hammer against his ribs that he thought it would explode. He felt hollw and terrible for doubting Tara about cheating him. He was mad at himself for not figuring out that she was in trouble.
When Tanya told him what Tara was going through after that incident, he suddenly experienced an epiphany. He remembered how Tara was persistently zoned out when he came back from his trip.Whenever he asked, she would show her sad smile to assure him that she was perfectly fine.

For a person who was always keen on things happening around him, he wondered how he missed to notice her sufferings, when it was right in front of his eyes.

He would have given anything to protect Tara if she had told him the entire truth instead of trying to hide it from him. Maybe if she was more honest to him, this wouldn't have happened at all.

She would have had Kunj's child instead of Abhishek's, not that he regretted having Ansh as his son now.
Ansh would always remain his son, his first born and his heir but she could have avoided the ugly custody battle which was ruining his child's life.

Kunj always believed that a relationship built on lies would never withstand forever. Tara just proved it to be right. How much ever it pained, he knew she was his past. He couldn't
go back and change anything. If he had a chance to go back in time, he would have searched Twinkle and fall in love with her instead. She is his present, future and forever. Though at present ,he is mad at her, his love for her would never falter for any reason. She is his life.

He combed his fingers into his hairs. He had so much to worry about, Tara was least of it. If he could do anything for her, it was to save her son from Abhishek. He doesn't want Ansh to end up like him. His whole body shuddered when he pictured Ansh becoming like Abhishek.

************************************

The next few days,Kunj and his lawyers buried themselves in gathering all the evidences against Abhishek. With whatever little evidence they had, which included Tara's diary, Tanya's testimony a d the audio which Kunj had recorded when Natasha came to made a deal.

The court didn't delay much in issuing a search warrent for Abhishek's flat as the matter was very sensitive. During the search around his flat, they recovered not only Tara's video tape but many such naive girls who became Abhishek's prey. To everyone's shock, they also found a few packets of illegal drugs and alcohol, along with hoodie that he was wearing when Ansh was kidnapped, confirming it was him who abducted him.