Episode 1 : Became a Star After Death

I have felt this way before, haven't I?

Is it déjà vu once again?

I inhale the wind fully and catch the scent.

Sometimes, when I catch the scent of the wind,

Memories from the past suddenly arise.

Living false lives, changing disguises,

A spy who has lived multiple fabricated lives.

"Now, I don't even know who I am anymore."

Crackle.

"Team leader, what did you say? I didn't hear it properly."

Yoo Hyun's voice came through the radio,

"No, I was just talking to myself."

Jeon Su-hwan, stationed in the Middle East for information gathering,

Intercepting communications at a designated point based on intelligence from above.

"Baek Yoo-hyun, you better support the office again before it's too late. a guy with family."

"I'm cut out for fieldwork. Speaking in front of the team leader is like straightening out wrinkles in front of a caterpillar, but it suits my aptitude."

Jeon Su-hwan chuckled.

"If you stay in the field for too long, someday you'll be devoured."

"Alright."

"Hey, don't be scared."

For hours, I've been quietly observing from the hill,

But the desert night is no joke, it's really cold.

"Should I put on another blanket?"

In the moment of trying to move, a rustling sound was heard,

Snap.

And belatedly, a distant gunshot was heard,

Bang.

However, Jeon Su-hwan didn't hear it.

A bullet had already flown faster than the sound,

Piercing through Jeon Su-hwan's head.

Crackle.

"Team leader! It's the team leader!"

Yoo Hyun's voice came through the radio, But there was no one left here to respond.

****************

During the mission, the noble sacrifice of the agent who fell in the line of duty cannot reveal their name. To honor their selfless death, a nameless star is engraved on the central shrine of the National Intelligence Service headquarters. Jeon Su-hwan also became a nameless star, but when he opened his eyes again, he found himself in the body of a boy he had never seen before.

"Will the weather improve next month?"

Yeon-woo briskly ascended a hiking trail near his home, blowing warm breath into his hands due to the still chilly weather. It was a morning routine he had maintained since his days as an agent. Now living as Ryu Yeon-woo, Su-hwan looked back on the past two months. During the first week, he had been perplexed by why he died. However, uncovering the secret of his death, let alone his very existence, proved nearly impossible.

Why was he brought back to life, and how did he end up in someone else's body? The ponderings about these matters are less important now. He concluded that some higher power had given him a chance to make amends for the lonely, devoted life he had led. Whether it was the deity of some religion, an extraterrestrial being, or something else entirely, he decided it didn't matter. He was granted a second chance at life.