Episode 2: The Final Mission and a New Beginning

The noisy classroom suddenly fell silent.

“Okay, everyone, pay attention. We have a new transfer student as of today. How about you introduce yourself?”

The teacher asked, and Yeon-woo nodded his head.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Ryu Yeon-woo, and I transferred from Seoul. Nice to meet you all.”

Wow!

A transfer student always makes for an interesting subject. Even though he was a boy, his arrival drew intense interest and excitement.

“Wow! Damn, he’s good-looking.”

Although his face still had some baby fat, his appearance was quite appealing for a high school student.

“Hey, Woosung-sik. What’s with the swearing in front of the homeroom teacher?”

Without realizing it, Woosung-sik had blurted out a curse word and got into trouble.

“This guy, always making a fuss. All talk, no action.”

The opening ceremony ended shortly, and with each break, Yeon-woo found himself bombarded with questions from friends. Lunchtime came quickly, and as he worked to win the hearts of his energetic and lively classmates, it felt like a piece of cake compared to his covert operations in his past life.

“Hey, Yeon-woo, have you never played League of Legends? Did you grow up in the mountains instead of Seoul?”

“Now’s my chance to try it out. After school, let’s go to a PC bang, and you can show me the ropes.”

Yeon-woo hadn’t played any games other than traditional Korean ones like spinning tops and marbles during his childhood, so he had never experienced video games before.

************

Meanwhile, in a dimly lit conference room, a man was waiting for a report. As he waited, another man entered through the door, emitting a creaking sound that seemed like a scream due to the lack of oiling.

The waiting man stood up and respectfully lowered his head as the fierce-looking man with piercing eyes entered. With a heavy demeanor, the man who had been waiting opened his mouth.

“How many times do I have to say this?”

The chilling voice mixed with a hint of a shiver sent a slight tremor through the body of the man who had been waiting.

“Why do you always turn off the lights? It’s dark enough. Are we some kind of secret organization?”

As the lights came on, the ominous atmosphere disappeared, revealing an ordinary office scene.

“Why are you turning off the lights and playing a melodrama in the dark?”

“I apologize.”

Unable to hold back, he shrugged his shoulders and walked to his seat, sitting down heavily in the chair, a man with a strong presence.

“Speak. Give me the report.”

“I have completely erased the traces of the two cases we dealt with before.”

After hearing the report, the man nodded his head, and then the report continued.

“Due to handling it discreetly, we’ve been facing increased surveillance. So, we need to be careful for a while.”

After listening to the report, the man nodded and opened a drawer, taking out a pressure point tool. Then, he spoke in a voice mixed with a chilling tone.