Episode 29. Cameo

Time flew by, and before he knew it, it was already late May, having completed the 4-week variety show filming that Yeon-woo initially thought he would never get used to. The variety show’s third episode aired yesterday, and with reruns almost every day, Yeon-woo could easily spot himself on TV while flipping through channels at home. Surprisingly, he felt more people recognized him from the variety show than from his drama series. The enthusiasm among students at school was also higher than before. As a result, he was recognized more frequently on the streets, making it difficult to use public transportation to get to his acting academy in the bustling district.

However, today he arrived at academy in his father’s car, visiting for the first time in almost three months.

“Wow, it’s Yeon-woo.”

“Amazing, he really is an alumnus from this academy.”

From the entrance, students peeked out to catch a glimpse of Yeon-woo’s arrival.

“Hello,” Yeon-woo greeted simply as he entered the academy.

“Hey, hurry, come out. Yeon-woo is here at the entrance.”

“Could you take a photo with me, please?”

Before he knew it, he was surrounded by students clamouring for photos.

“Guys, let’s not bother Yeon-woo. We can take pictures later.”

Hearing the commotion outside, the academy’s director, Jung Cheol-min, came out to protect Yeon-woo.

“Let’s go inside for now, Yeon-woo.”

“Yes, sure.”

Cheol-min led Yeon-woo into his office and patted him on the shoulder with a broad smile. He was a proud mentor, thrilled by his pupil’s recent achievements.

“I’ve been watching your variety show; it seems quite different from when you were only doing dramas.”

“Haha, I guess that’s the power of variety shows.”

Yeon-woo sat on the sofa in the office and pulled a script out of his bag.

“Teacher, this is the new script from Director Kim Han-soo.”

“Ah, the cameo role in ‘Spring lovers’ that you mentioned before. So, it’s Spring after Summer, huh.”

Just as Cheol-min had mentioned, Director Kim Han-soo liked to show a strong sense of seasons in his works. Consequently, after completing ‘Summer Promise’, Yeon-woo was slated to film ‘Spring lovers’.

Cheol-min took the script and skimmed through it before speaking.

“Hmm, so the role you’ve been offered is to play the younger version of Jiwoo Hyuk.”

“Yes, this would be my first time playing a child role and also my first time on the big screen.”

Yeon-woo visited the academy to seek advice on the high school-aged role of the male lead in the upcoming movie by Director Kim Han-soo. The director had asked him to play the first love of the female lead, but the script revealed he was to play the younger version of the male lead.

“Ah, you’ll do fine. You’re good at what you do.”

Cheol-min said, but he was already seriously taking several notes.

“Hmm, who’s cast as Jiwoo Hyuk ‘s adult role?”

“Yes, Senior Kang Joo-woon has taken on the role of Jiwoo Hyuk.”

Hearing Yeon-woo’s words, Cheol-min seemed to understand immediately.

“So they asked you because you have a somewhat similar vibe.”