Episode 15: Yeonha University (1)

“Why do you look like that?”

Suddenly noticing Yeon-woo lost in thought, Jin-yuk asked. Yeon-woo seemed to have a sad expression unintentionally.

“Oh, it’s nothing. It’s the watch here.”

Yeon-woo smiled and handed over the National Intelligence Service watch he was holding to Jin-yuk.

“Should I give you this as a gift?”

Yeon-woo smiled in response to Jin-yuk’s words.

“I don’t wear watches often. They make my wrist itch.”

“That’s probably because it’s a low-quality one. Haha, it looks tacky compared to its appearance.”

“Is that so?”

While he doesn’t regret his sacrifices for the nation and security, Yeon-woo is determined to lead a different life from his past.

*********

At the time Yeon-woo was looking at a watch at Son Jin-yuk’s house.

-Crack.-

The Chief of the Western District Prosecutor’s Office opened the door to the office of Prosecutor Han Hae-woon and entered.

“Prosecutor Han. Uh-uh, please sit.”

At the chief’s arrival, the investigators were surprised and stood up from their seats. The Chief of the Western District Prosecutor’s Office holds a high position even during a vice-chief prosecutor’s term.

“No, Chief. Why did you come down in person…?”

Prosecutor Han also stood up and greeted Chief Ji.

“Haha, Prosecutor Han, you’re working hard. Someone with free time has to come.”

Chief Ji approached Han Hae-woon and put his hand on his shoulder in a friendly manner.

“I heard that you’ve been investigating someone named Jeon Su-hwan lately? What’s going on?”

“Yes? Chief, how did you…?”

Hae-woon was surprised by Chief Ji speaking suddenly while placing his hand on his shoulder.

It wasn’t an official investigation, just a personal inquiry, but having the chief personally involved was unexpected.

“I checked it out. Turns out that person is already dead. I don’t know the details of the case, but since there’s no jurisdiction due to his death, let’s just leave it. You know what I mean, right?”

Chief Ji patted Hae-woon’s shoulder and then left the room.

“The Chief came down in person? Who the heck is Jeon Su-hwan…?”

It’s impossible to figure out where the order came from, it must have come from high up in the chain of command.

*********

“Hey, I’ll go because you asked, but do I have to go tomorrow?”

Junsoo looked at Seong-sik as he grumbled.

“Are you talking about Christmas Eve?”

“Hey, even if you’re single, you can enjoy Christmas Eve.”

Hearing that, Junsoo looked at Seong-sik and said.

“Why, though? Are you trying to tell me about Christmas Eve?”

“Well, I just mean it in general. Come on. Let’s go.”

Why would you go on a university tour on Christmas Eve?