Episode 68: Crisis and Beginning

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll hold on tight.”

When Yeon-woo asked Ji-eun behind him, she nodded, wrapping her arms around his waist.

After checking their condition, the director shouted the cue sign again.

“Okay, let’s start again. Yeon-woo.”

With the director’s cue sign, Yeon-woo moved his feet again.

The horse bolted out at a fast speed upon Yeon-woo’s signal.

Yeon-woo slightly lowered his posture, and Ji-eun, who was behind him, tightly wrapped her arms around his waist with all her strength.

The two smoothly advanced several meters on the horse.

Ji-eun, balancing herself well on the horse swaying up and down, relying on Yeon-woo’s waist.

The director nodded as he watched the field monitor.

‘This posture is definitely much more dynamic.’

Tingle.

At that moment, due to the aftermath of yesterday’s stalker incident, a sharp pain spread again in Ji-eun’s left arm, causing her strength to weaken suddenly.

She tried to exert strength in her arm, but the pain was too severe, so she tightened her grip on Yeon-woo’s waist with her right arm.

“Ahh-!”

With only one side exerting strength on the moving horse, Ji-eun began to tilt more and more, almost falling to the side.

The costume Ji-eun was wearing was made of silk, making it difficult to maintain her posture even more slippery.

“Uh-oh.”

The startled staff froze in the sudden situation.

Sensing the loosening of Ji-eun’s arm around his waist, Yeon-woo quickly released the reins he was holding and fixed his toes on the stirrup, then turned his waist sharply.

Seeing Ji-eun slipping to the right from the horse’s back, he swiftly grabbed her left shoulder and pulled her up.

“Whoa-whoa.”

He made a sound, trying to stop the horse, but since he wasn’t holding the reins, the horse didn’t listen.

He tapped the horse’s neck again to stop, but it kept moving forward.

Although he managed to lift Ji-eun’s body that was tilting, if they continued like this, Ji-eun, who couldn’t use one arm and was losing her balance, might fall, and they both might end up falling.

Ji-eun, panicking, tightly closed her eyes.

“Ji-eun! Straighten both legs forward.”

Yeon-woo didn’t have the luxury of calling her by first name in this urgent situation.

Still, upon hearing her name, Ji-eun slightly opened her eyes and regained consciousness.

“Straighten both legs forward!”

At the sound of Yeon-woo’s voice once again, Ji-eun stretched her legs forward as he instructed, lifting her up with both hands and spinning her around to bring her in front of him.

Ji-eun, who had been sitting on Yeon-woo’s back, moved forward and was now facing him.

Yeon-woo wrapped one arm around Ji-eun and leaned forward, searching for the loose reins swaying in the wind with his other arm, hastily bringing the horse to a stop.