Episode 37: Spring Lovers - Premiere Event ⑴

“Yes, Jiwoo Hyuk in this film is a young man suffering from PTSD, wanting to heal his increasingly worn-out spirit while working as a firefighter,” Director Kim Han-soo answered.

“Absolutely. These days we see content about PTSD in deployed soldiers, but this work focuses on firefighters, who are heroes in our daily lives. I’m looking forward to it,” said the host as he shifted his attention to Ryu Yeon-woo.

“You’re a popular actor these days, Ryu Yeon-woo. It’s really nice to meet you.”

“Haha. Nice to meet you, too.”

Given that today’s schedule is filled with serious actors who are not very entertaining during interviews, the host Kim Young-hwan was especially pleased to see Yeon-woo.

“After seeing the introduction video for our film, a different question came to mind before asking about your recent trending topic, the college entrance exams.”

“Okay, I’ll answer sincerely,” Yeon-woo said, smiling at Kim Young-hwan.

“Hahaha. It feels like a public hearing. Watching the video, I noticed that you and actor Kang Joo-woon blend seamlessly. Any special efforts or know-how involved?”

Quick to pick up on the key points of the intro video, Kim Young-hwan asked.

“Yes, I worked hard on this part after taking advice from my acting mentor, actor Jung Cheol-min.”

He mentioned Jung Cheol-min to express his gratitude somehow.

“I also studied Kang Joo-woon’s filmography to pick up his characteristics and try to emulate them.”

Kang Joo-woon’s eyes sparkled at Yeon-woo’s response, as did host Kim Young-hwan, who had just found material for the interview.

“Kang Joo-woon, did you usually help Ryu Yeon-woo on set?”

“No, actually, we met for the first time today in the waiting room. It’s rare for the child and adult roles portraying the same person to meet.”

The host then looked at Yeon-woo again.

“So, you’ve really been practicing just by watching and analyzing his performances?”

Grabbing the chance, Kim Young-hwan smirked and continued, “In that case, could we perhaps see Ryu Yeon-woo mimic Kang Joo-woon’s acting for a moment?”

Caught off guard by the sudden request for an individual skill, Yeon-woo gave an awkward smile.

Then he stood up.

Woah!

Without hesitation, Yeon-woo stood up, receiving soft laughter and encouragement from the director and other actors seated next to him.

“I’m not sure if I can do justice to his performance with my skills, but let’s give it a try. ‘Spring Lovers’, fighting!”

At Yeon-woo’s spirited cheer, the reporters and associates laughed.

“Then, I’ll do a scene from one of Kang Joo-woon’s works, ‘The Joseon Manipulator’.”

Yeon-woo looked back at Joo-woon, who was sitting behind him, and made eye contact.

Joo-woon also looked at Yeon-woo and smiled, nodding his head.

“Ah, why are your eyes so filled with sorrow, young lady? Perhaps the unresolved love from your past life has poisoned you with sadness.”

Yeon-woo started to reenact a scene from a movie, speaking as if he were possessed by Kang Joo-woon, reciting lines with an archaic poetic rhythm.

Soon after, he put on a sly smile and spoke his final line in Kang Joo-woon’s signature slow speech.