Episode 36: Spring Lovers - Production Announcement

“Ah, Director Kim Han-soo. Thank you for your hard work. Congratulations.”

[Haha, I didn’t call to be congratulated. We’ve finished primary photography, but there’s so much VFX and color grading that it’s taking time…]

Director Kim Han-soo, who has grown fond of Ryu Yeon-woo while working on the project, went on and on.

Just as Yeon-woo was pondering how talkative the director was, the main point came up.

[So, I was hoping you’d attend the production announcement, Yeon-woo. You’ve played an important role, after all.]

Although it was a cameo role, Director Kim Han-soo had given him a considerable appearance fee through his agency.

It’s understandable since Yeon-woo, who is under LN Entertainment, filmed a movie produced by LN Media, but the fee was generous enough to consider him a main cast member.

“Director, of course. It would be an honor if you’d have me.”

[Eh, honor is a big word. I heard you’re joining a film by Director Park this time. The news isn’t out yet, but the directors in Chungmuro are all buzzing.]

“I was lucky. Director Park Chan-hong seems to think well of me.”

[It’s not luck, I know your skills since we’ve worked together. I was proud to hear the news. Anyway, let’s try to attend both the production announcement and the screening, as long as there are no conflicting schedules.]

“Yes, Director. I’ll see you then.”

Yeon-woo ended the call and thought that, despite appearances, the director had a warm heart.

However, it was only because Yeon-woo had won over Director Kim Han-soo that he received this favorable treatment. Other actors who had passed through the director’s strict scrutiny would have been skeptical if they’d heard what Yeon-woo said.

Meanwhile, the distributor was delighted to hear that Yeon-woo would be joining the official events.

“Yes! Things must be going well.”

Having Yeon-woo join was not only beneficial for Director Kim Han-soo but also for the distributor, especially since Ryu Yeon-woo, who is popular among the younger generation, recently became a hot topic because of his college entrance exam scores.

As “Spring Lovers” is a romance film targeting a young audience, from teens to thirties, the public relations manager was certain that Yeon-woo’s participation would be beneficial. The production announcement was set for January 3rd, and Yeon-woo submitted his college applications as the year came to an end.

[So, we’re finalizing it like this?]

“Yes, teacher. But I don’t think I’ll be able to engage much in college life.”

[I understand. But it’s a big honor for our high school to have another student entering Korea University.]

The first choice on the application that both the school and Yeon-woo submitted after much consideration was the Economics Department at Korea University.

In his previous life, Yeon-woo had often entered countries as a diplomat to carry out covert operations and had considered applying to the Department of Political Science and Diplomacy.

However, given his excellent scores, the school hoped he would apply to the Economics Department as a first choice and Political Science and Diplomacy as a fallback. Yeon-woo agreed.

Since he couldn’t fully commit to college life in this life, he intended to focus on his entertainment career, and therefore, chose a comfortable major. It would be different from the education he received 20 years ago, but he had graduated from a similar department in his past life.