Episode 13: Cha Woo-joo's Emotions

“Why did you do that? Why did you not abandon me even after knowing the truth?”

“What are you talking about?”

In response to Cha Woo-joo’s quiet question, Chairman Cha looked up and stared at Woo-joo.

“Why didn’t you abandon me even after knowing I’m not your biological son, and that I’m the child of your wife’s affair? I don’t have your blood running through my veins!”

“………”

Hearing Woo-joo’s words, Chairman Cha silently looked out of the window.

“Is it because my older brother Jaeil left the house that you kept me close? Why don’t you hate me?”

“Why would I hate you? Just because my blood doesn’t run through your veins.”

Hearing his father’s words, Woo-joo was stunned.

“Just because my blood doesn’t run through your veins, doesn’t mean the memory of you riding the bike I pushed, laughing brightly, will disappear. When your mother passed away and you cried so much, my heart was torn. Regardless of whose blood you have, you are still my son.”

Cha Woo-joo’s heart was overwhelmed with mixed emotions.

Love for his mother.

Longing and anger towards his mother.

Resentment and sympathy for his father.

Each of Woo-joo’s emotions clearly showed on his face, and soon tears streamed down.

And then the ensuing scream.

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth even once when I was rebelling and going astray? I feel so….! I’m So, SORRY!!”

Screaming and pouring out all his emotions, Woo-joo’s intense acting even made his co-star Lee Sang-jung emotional to the point of tears.

He suddenly stood up, knocking the table in front of him, and hugged Woo-joo.

“…… No father wishes to hurt his child.”

In his father’s embrace, Woo-joo cried.

“Before the truth could be revealed and you could be threatened for inheritance by relatives, I wanted to leave everything to you. That’s why I opposed. I always enjoyed hearing about your modeling and laughing and chatting with friends through Jaeil.”

Ah!

Though Woo-joo has grown bigger than his father, he cried in his father’s arms like a child who had fallen from a bike, and his father just comforted him.

“Okay! Cut!”

Wow!

Everyone on set cheered and applauded for Yeon-woo’s intense performance.

“Did you see how Yeon-woo’s facial expressions changed every second? I could feel all those complex emotions.”

The camera director who was filming commented.

“Ah, I suddenly miss my son.”

“But you’re not even married.”

“That’s why I said I miss him.”

Yeon-woo ‘s acting made even a non-existent son missed.

“He’s truly a monster. He’s smart, with that face, and that acting skill.”

Han So-hyeon, still emotional, shook her head looking at Yeon-woo.

“He seems to have grown taller since he first joined the drama. Maybe by 3 centimeters.”