Episode 35: Master Plan

Min-soo jotted down the working title of the scenario Yeon-woo had mentioned, nodding in agreement. Then, Min-soo reached out to the headquarters and headed to Chungmuro for business.

Thinking it was essential to schedule a meeting as quickly as possible before the casting was finalized, he successfully secured a meeting for the very next day. The next day, Min-soo’s car headed to Chungmuro, carrying Yeon-woo and Team Leader Jung.

In this industry, Team Leader Jung Hyuk had the best connections concerning casting. LN Entertainment’s reliable backup, he was accompanying Yeon-woo as the responsible party for his casting today.

“So, Actor Ryu Yeon-woo’s top priority is the role of ‘Pierre Choi’, correct?”

“Yes, Team Leader. I’d be grateful for any role, but I’d prefer the role of ‘Pierre Choi’.”

Team Leader Jung stroked his chin as he nodded.

“We’ll give it a try, but Director Park Chan-hong is a well-known star director with strong opinions. This movie is also a significant project.”

Yeon-woo nodded at Team Leader Jung’s words.

“I’ll need to leave a strong impression. Just give me the opportunity, and I’ll work hard.”

Seeing Yeon-woo’s youthful enthusiasm, Team Leader Jung smiled as if reminiscing about his younger days.

“Okay, let’s give it our best shot.”

They finally arrived at a film production company in Chungmuro. While Min-soo was parking the car, Yeon-woo and Team Leader Jung went inside.

“Ah, long time no see, Director Park, CEO Han.”

“Heh, heh. Nice to see you, Team Leader Jung.”

As soon as they entered, Team Leader Jung greeted them warmly and shook hands with both. Truly a person well-known for his extensive network in the industry. Following him, Ryu Yeon-woo also greeted the attendees.

“Hello, I’m rookie actor Ryu Yeon-woo.”

The production company’s CEO seemed immediately intrigued by Yeon-woo’s striking appearance.

“Nice to meet you. Please have a seat.”

CEO Han Yoon-soo offered seats to Team Leader Jung and Yeon-woo. As soon as Yeon-woo sat down, Director Park Chan-hong spoke up.

“I don’t know you well, but our casting director suggested we meet, so you were invited today.”

The atmosphere quickly turned chilly due to his less than welcoming opening remarks. Ignoring the mood, Yeon-woo stood up slightly from his seat, bowed, and opened his mouth.

“Thank you, Director. I’ve been a fan of yours and, after reading your current script, I was so motivated that I pestered my company about it.”

Director Park seemed slightly interested in the young actor who wasn’t discouraged by his cold words.

“Hahaha, the passion is quite good, isn’t it? It reminds me of Chungmuro from twenty or thirty years ago, our younger days.”

Team leader Jung timely assisted Yeon-woo.

Upon hearing his words, the stakeholders briefly reminisced about their energetic youth.

“It’s been so long since we had the movie meal. Hehehe.”

The company CEO, Han, lightened the mood with a gentle response.

“Hmm. So, you got greedy after reading my script?”