Episode 66: Fans and Haters

“Actor Ryu Yeon-woo debuted in a drama not long ago, and now you’re cast as the lead in Director Park Chan-hong’s film. How did you feel at that time?”

Kim Min-ah, the announcer, asked as Yeon-woo smiled and took the microphone, opening his mouth to speak.

“Of course, I felt very honored and happy. And coincidentally, you, announcer Kim Min-ah, hosted the production presentation for the drama I debuted in.”

Yeon-woo replied with a smile.

“Oh, you remembered.”

“Of course. Thanks to you, the drama I was in with Actress Han So-hyeon was a success, and I believe that thanks to you, our movie will also perform very well.”

Yeon-woo said smoothly, his words flowing like a mountain stream, as if he was effortlessly continuing the conversation as smoothly as the announcer in front of him.

Indeed, the experience of being a half-speaking undercover agent in his previous life was not in vain.

“As expected, you speak very well. Since we’re talking about the previous drama, Han So-hyeon, who is beside you, how did you feel seeing Ryu Yeon-woo’s portrayal of Pierre Choi, which is completely different from his image in the drama?”

Kim Min-ah smoothly transitioned to the question directed at Han So-hyeon, who was attentively listening to the conversation and quickly grabbed the microphone.

“Oh? Yeon-woo’s appearance? He’s always cool! Oh, his changed appearance? Yeon-woo has the ability to meticulously craft his characters and become that person. When he played Pierre Choi, you could really feel the character alive in his footsteps, gestures, voice, and speech.”

With Han So-hyeon’s answer, the question was passed to Jung Ha-kyun sitting next to her. Yeon-woo, who was not used to other actors evaluating his acting, awkwardly laughed.

Watching Yeon-woo’s reaction, Han So-hyeon playfully nudged his side, teasing him.

Then, after a few more questions, they held an event where they randomly selected an audience member to make a wish to their desired actor using a wish ticket.

Kim Min-ah, the announcer, stood up and approached a female fan who covered her face with both hands and came up onto the stage.

“Which actor would you like to use your wish ticket for?”

Kim Min-ah asked as she handed over the microphone, and the fan, with a voice as small as an ant, called out the name.

“Ryu Yeon-woo.”

The fan’s wish was a hug, and when Yeon-woo approached, Ma Seok-do patted his back, urging him to get up quickly.

“Hurry up and go. Yeon-woo.”

With a cool smile, Yeon-woo approached.

“I’m your fan!”

“Thank you.”

Yeon-woo smiled as he approached and gave her a quick hug, spinning her around.

Squeals erupted at the unexpectedly enthusiastic fan service, turning the production presentation into a sea of laughter.

It seemed that they were fans of the summer wardrobe in the closet, wanting the three of them to shoot together.

Of course, the media representatives also brightened up, each thinking about the title of their articles as they captured the scene with their cameras.

====

***

====

Lee Jin-ah is the manager of Wooz, Ryu Yeon-woo’s fan cafe.