Episode 62: The Star Beyond the River - Reading (2)

“Oh my, actor Jin.”

The director stood there stiffly, resembling the same rigid figure as when Ryu Yeon-woo entered.

Jin yu-han greeted the director and approached Ryu Yeon-woo to say hello.

“Yeon-woo, how have you been?”

“Yes, I spent my vacation during the break. Did you have a good time too, yu-han?”

Although it had only been a short while, there was a somewhat awkward feeling between them as they had competed for the same role.

Ryu Yeon-woo naturally seemed more mature than his actual age, and Jin yu-han didn’t feel like a twenty-year-old youth either, perhaps due to having been in society since a young age.

“Well, shall we speak informally? We’re the same age, and since our roles are that of friends.”

Upon Ryu Yeon-woo’s suggestion, Jin yu-han nodded readily.

“Should we? I’m fine with that.”

When Ryu Yeon-woo first heard the news that Jin yu-han had joined as Lee Ji-baek after losing the role of Seo Hee to him, he felt somewhat puzzled.

Of course, it wasn’t just Ryu Yeon-woo who felt puzzled, most of the broadcasting station staff found it strange as well.

At first, they thought it might be because he was in his twenties and thus might have harbored some immature intentions to sabotage him out of jealousy. However, upon meeting him in person, he turned out to be a cheerful friend, much to their surprise.

Smiling and speaking from beside Ryu Yeon-woo, Jin yu-han said, “I heard the audition results, and I felt somewhat happy and excited. I was really curious about your acting. Acting is my only hobby, you know.”

Yeon-woo smiled at his words that didn’t seem malicious.

“Perhaps it’s not because of my acting skills. I just happen to enjoy analyzing scripts meticulously and thoroughly. I guess my analysis appealed to the writer.”

After that, the two immersed themselves in discussing the work as if they were a perfect match.

Director Lee Sang-hoon watched them with a pleased expression.

“Capture it well. Don’t miss a single moment.”

At that moment, a high-toned greeting could be heard from beyond the door.

“Hello! Oh, hello. Senior!”

With a lively entrance, Seo Ji-eun greeted everyone with a 90-degree bow in all directions.

After greeting the director and the writer, she came over to Ryu Yeon-woo and Jin yu-han.

“Hello! I’m Seo Ji-eun.”

Despite being younger than them, Seo Ji-eun greeted them with the same 90-degree bow as she did with other seniors.

Ryu Yeon-woo and Jin yu-han stood up from their seats and greeted Seo Ji-eun face to face.

“I’m a fan of you two!”

Putting her hands together, Seo Ji-eun confessed her admiration for Ryu Yeon-woo and Jin yu-han with sparkling eyes.

“Oh, thank you. I also enjoyed your work, miss Ji-eun.”

Yeon-woo smiled as he accepted her compliment, while Jin yu-han, who seemed genuinely uninterested in anything other than acting, politely smiled and nodded.

“Oh, hearing ‘miss. Ji-eun’ sounds somewhat cringy… but since we’re friends even in our drama, shall we be friends?”

Hhe appeared to be two years older than her, but she didn’t seem particularly mind.