Episode 74: Movie Master Plan (1)

The movie began in Gwak Ji-cheol’s office.

Gwak Ji-cheol, with a grim expression, tapped on the desk and opened his mouth.

“No, sir. It’s not like I’ve done anything wrong, and I’ve been telling you since last month, haven’t I? That it needs improvement on that side.”

“I’ve really put in a lot of effort. You won’t feel sorry. You can take a break for a bit. When you come back after calming down, you can rejoin. After all, Team leader Gwak, I know better than anyone else about your skills, right?”

As Gwak Ji-cheol, who took responsibility for the company’s mistakes, stared, the boss placed an envelope on the desk in front of him.

As the envelope fell onto the desk, the scene transitioned to Gwak Ji-cheol closing the trunk simultaneously.

– Thud! –

The sudden sound made the audience jump.

“Who’s that? Isn’t this a trick?”

“The trunk. The trunk.”

Along with the scene of a car owner getting out of a car in the apartment parking lot, the audience could see Gwak Ji-cheol’s robust arm through the frame.

Copying the posture of the car owner, an extra who played the role of the car owner opened the car door, and seeing Gwak Ji-cheol’s robust figure, he nodded respectfully and lowered his head before getting into the car, causing laughter from the audience.

“No, honey, what’s going on at this hour?”

Gwak Ji-cheol’s wife opened the door and received the envelope and items from him.

“Well, it happened like that. For now, I need to lie down a bit.”

Taking off his shoes, Gwak Ji-cheol entered the house and explained the situation to his wife, sitting in front of the fan in just his underwear, looking relaxed.

“Why do you have to take responsibility for that? They’re really unreasonable people.”

“If they criticize, they should do it properly. What can we do?”

“Fine, honey, there’s no need to go back to such a company. Just take a break for now. Did they give you a good severance package?”

Gwak Ji-cheol’s wife sneakily opened the envelope he brought.

“Oh, they transferred the severance pay to the account. This is just retirement paperwork.”

“Oh, is that so?”

Afterward, scenes of a relaxed life, scratching his stomach on the couch, and hunching his shoulders while playing computer games incongruously with his large build were edited together.

Laughter erupted from the audience, and then the mood shifted dramatically as tense music played, and the doorbell rang at Gwak Ji-cheol’s house.

“Yes, who is it?”

[Mr. Gwak Ji-cheol? I’ve come to discuss a request.]

“I am Gwak Ji-cheol, but I’m not someone who takes requests and such.”

[If you could open the door for a moment, I’ll come in and explain about the business. Sir.]

“Honey, who is it?”

“Well, they’re talking about some business. Is it a door-to-door salesman?”

While watching the movie, Jeong Soo-yeon unknowingly clenched her fist.