Episode 27: Summer Table (2)

“Ah, I’ve only added the oil so far.”

Jun-ho washed the vegetables at the water source, and Yeon-woo received them, placing a cutting board on the table to start preparing them.

Tap, tap, tap, tap.

Wow!

Yeon-woo unexpectedly displayed a skilled cutting technique, eliciting exclamations as he skillfully prepared the vegetables.

“Wow! Yeon-woo, where did you learn to cut like this?”

“Just at home, occasionally.”

When Jun-ho asked, surprised, Yeon-woo casually replied that it was nothing out of the ordinary.

He had spent more than 20 years living alone overseas, dispatched to various countries. He had spent several years each in Italy and India. Living in places where delivery culture wasn’t prevalent, he often cooked local dishes as well as Korean food he missed dearly.

Naturally, his culinary skills weren’t flashy, but he knew how to make food that was quite satisfying.

Yeon-woo smiled and handed a plate to Han So-hyeon.

“Noona, please scoop rice onto the plate.”

“Got it!”

Han So-hyeon went to the kitchen and brought out enough rice for the four of them.

“Alright, shall we stir-fry?”

They added the rice and sliced vegetables into the pot covered with oil, along with soy sauce, sugar, and other seasonings. As they stir-fried, the strong heat from the fireplace resulted in a natural fire show. Thanks to how well Son Jin-yuk had built the fireplace, a strong flame ignited in the fire starter inside the cauldron. Without any intention of showing off, the beautiful scene of flames naturally captivated the crew and actors, eliciting their admiration.

“Hey, this looks amazing. We should use this in the trailer.”

As Yeon-woo showcased his cooking skills, the production team busily took notes.

“Alright, it’s ready. Shall we try our first meal?”

“Wow, Ryu Yeon-woo, you’re the best!”

The perfectly cooked, delicious stir-fried rice,

“Just a moment, let me get an insert shot.”

The camera hurriedly shifted to capture Yeon-woo’s stir-fried rice.

“Shall we eat? Yeon-woo, I’ll enjoy this!”

“I will enjoy it as well.”

With a laughter and simultaneous greetings, the actors began to eat. As the eldest, Jin-yuk was the first to pick up his spoon, and everyone tasted the food.

“What is this? It’s so delicious!”

“Seriously. You’re really good at cooking.”

Everyone couldn’t help but admire Yeon-woo’s cooking after tasting it.

“Well, we’ve been on an intensive march since morning, so everyone is hungry.”

Feeling a bit embarrassed, Yeon-woo turned the conversation towards the side dishes being served in the market.

The actors began to eat with expressions of genuine happiness, not just for the sake of reactions, but because the food seemed truly delicious.

At this point, even the staff members became curious about the taste.