Episode 40: Korean University

“Ah, Yeon-woo, you’re here.”

“Ah, sorry. I thought it was empty, so I was just using the computer for a bit… Is the meeting over?”

Yeon-woo, who normally didn’t come to the agency building except for contract renewals, was unusually close to the staff because he practiced acting there every day.

“Huh? An acceptance letter? Wow! You got in!”

“Wooaah!”

“Congratulations!”

The members of the homecare team clapped as they looked behind Yeon-woo.

It was only then that Yeon-woo realized a projector had been left on for the meeting behind him.

“Ah, I didn’t know this was on. Thank you.”

He hadn’t intended to show off, but he expressed his thanks to the congratulating staff.

Yeon-woo quickly closed the browser, said his greetings, and went to the practice room, informing his family and friends about his admission.

His mother, Lee Sun-ok, seemed happier than when he had appeared in dramas or movies.

Her joy was palpable even over the phone, as she felt she had countless places to brag about.

Unlike Yeon-woo, who hadn’t intended to brag, the homecare team had received several inquiries from reporters since morning.

The admissions office of Korean University didn’t disclose personal information, so they had contacted the agency. Soon articles poured out, and Yeon-woo’s phone was inundated with texts and calls congratulating him.

“In this new life, I really am living a 180-degree different life.”

This life was so different from his lonely previous life, where he had never had a close relationship and had been reluctant to open up.

Of course, Yeon-woo was extremely satisfied with his new life.

====

***

====

Kim Joo-hyung had also been admitted to Korean University’s Economics department as a freshman of the 19th class.

Like Yeon-woo, Joo-hyung received numerous congratulatory calls.

However, having been the top student in his entire school for three years, Joo-hyung’s acceptance was sort of expected, and everyone who called said the same thing.

[So you’re classmates with Ryu Yeon-woo?]

“I’m sick of hearing that. I’ve heard it at least a hundred times.”

Joo-hyung sighed, and his youngest aunt laughed.

[Haha, can’t be helped. He’s hot right now. Become friends and get me an autograph.]

“He’s a celebrity; he probably won’t come to school much. If I meet him, I’ll try to get one. But I’ll need like 50, there are a ton of people asking.”

[Hey, even if you can’t get others, you have to get mine. Check your bank account.]

“Oh! Auntie, did you send a gift?”

[It’s a gift to celebrate your acceptance. Cash is king.]

“I love you, Auntie.”

After hanging up, Kim Joo-hyung lay on the sofa in an empty house, scratching his stomach as he watched TV.

“Ah, is this what happiness feels like?”

Engrossed in exam preparation, Kim Joo-hyung hardly ever watched TV and had led a high school life devoid of all temptations.