Episode 63: The Angry Waves in the Desert

Following the mid-point, the script reading concluded with applause, after aligning the dialogues with the content up to the middle.

Afterward, a brief interview was conducted, and most of the supporting actors left the conference room.

“Yeon-woo.”

While exchanging greetings with the remaining actors, the director approached Yeon-woo.

“Yes, Director.”

“Our ending scene requires a lot of CG work, so we need to get it in as soon as possible. Can you ride a horse? We need to start filming in about three weeks. We should be able to salvage it with some editing…”

Yeon-woo smiled as if everything was going well.

“I know how to ride. Whenever you’re ready, we can start shooting.”

When working in conflict areas, both horses and camels are essential. Yeon-woo and Han Hae-woon, can ride at an advanced level. When considering his next project, he chose a historical drama. He thought about such things.

The director’s mouth widened in delight at Yeon-woo’s words.

“Oh, really? Phew, that’s a relief. I was struggling with the location…”

For the final scene, where the Yuan army advances, there is only one coastal area in Shin-duri permitted for filming due to the presence of rare plants. With the filming dates allowed until next month for environmental conservation, Director Lee Sang-hoon hoped Yeon-woo would quickly learn horseback riding.

If not, they would have to give up on close shots and only film distant shots with drones and use stuntmen, which was a dilemma.

Of course, there are many actors who can ride horses. When building a career in filmmaking, there will eventually be situations where riding is required.

Yet, as a relatively new actor, Yeon-woo’s ability to ride was unexpected, and Director Lee Sang-hoon felt all his concerns vanish instantly.

“Then, I’ll try to schedule the shoot as soon as possible. It seems CG processing for the Yuan army will take a while.”

“Yes, Director. I understand.”

After Director Lee Sang-hoon left, Seo Ji-eun approached, clasping her hands together.

“The acting during the reading was amazing. Yeon-woo, let’s relax and do well.”

Yeon-woo also enjoyed the chemistry with Ji-eun as they delivered their lines.

It’s a different feeling from Senior Ma Seok-do. Perhaps Son Jin-yuk hyng and Han So-hyeon noona felt this way about each other in Summer’s Promise?

“Really?”

“Hehe.”

The sight of Seo Ji-eun, smiling slightly like a fool with her fair and dense face, made Yeon-woo increasingly reminiscent of Little Han So-hyeon.

“If we get along like friends, it will enhance the synergy in our work. Ji-eun.”

“I’m excited to start filming.”

Yeon-woo nodded, reaching out his hand, which Ji-eun shook with a smile.

It was difficult to say anything to Son Jin-yuk or Han So-hyeon, who are over ten years older than him, but it seems easier for Seo Ji-eun, who is just two years younger than Yeon-woo.

====

***

====

A few days after the script reading, Yeon-woo received a call informing him of the filming schedule. He arrived at the coastal area of Shin-duri in Taean, riding in Kim Minsoo’s car from the morning.