Episode 18: The Summer Promise

The cast and staff members all gathered at LN Media headquarters conference room to watch the first broadcast of ‘Summer Promise’ together. Normally, they would have gathered at JNBC headquarters where the drama was being aired or reserved a restaurant.

However, considering the dedication of Director Kim Han-soo and the production team, who poured their passion into editing until the last moment, they chose to gather at LN Media’s office, an external production company.

“Alright, as soon as this final advertisement ends, we’ll begin.”

The last advertisement was still playing before the broadcast began. Yeon-woo’s phone continued to vibrate. He switched his phone to silent mode and checked the message.

From the Family Group Chat:

[Mom and Dad are so nervous they might die.]

[Everyone seems so excited watching the live talk for ‘Summer Promise’.  Oppa!]

Yeon-woo sent a private message to his younger sister So-hyeon, asking her to make sure their parents didn’t find out if there was any negative content or bad comments. He then looked at the other group chats where the message count was rapidly increasing.

[Yeon-woo, I got all my guild members to watch the live broadcast too!]

[I got all our relatives from our cousins to our distant relatives to watch!]

These were the words of his school friends, who managed to get everyone they knew to watch the live broadcast.

Feeling pleased, Yeon-woo smiled and refocused on the screen.

As the intro played, the first episode of ‘Summer Promise’ began.

Wow!

Clap, clap, clap!

The conference room was filled with applause and cheers, celebrating the fruition of their hard work. Director Kim Han-soo was on the phone with the JNBC drama department in a corner, and the staff were busy taking pictures of the intro screen on their phones.

“Ah! Every time, I get so nervous at this moment!”

Having played numerous lead roles, So-hyeon, an experienced actress, also covered her face with both hands and peeked through her fingers.

And finally, the first episode began.

It was the debut work for Yeon-woo, and he was equally nervous. He had done various special operations, including infiltrations, espionage, and reconnaissance, in war zones, but putting his name on the line and facing the public was an entirely new experience.

The first episode showcased the lively and exciting atmosphere of the campus. Scenes of Seo-joon and Yeoreum exchanging witty dialogues added to the fun. Even the live comments on the internet were positive:

「Live Talk for ‘Summer Promise’ on JNBC」

[GuuRiMango (Sky14***): So-hyeon and Yeoreum both look sharp and charismatic, more than I thought!]

[GomtingS (Mwlsd***): They’ve captured the webtoon vibe well. I’m already excited.]

[GyulMini (Answlt***): The chemistry between Son Jin-yuk and Han So-hyeon as leads is amazing. This is the end of the game. I’m still surprised by the fact that the A-list duo is appearing in a campus romance sitcom.]

Ryu So-hyeon, who was nervously anticipating her brother’s appearance, gazed at the screen with more anxiety than anyone else.

The middle of the first episode approached, and it was time for Cha Woo-joo’s first appearance.