Episode 32: College Entrance Exam

[Ah, sorry. I meant to contact you first but got busy.]

[Jeong Sooyeon: No worries! You must be busy studying these days. I’ve heard from others that you’re doing well in your studies.]

[Haha, not really. You finished shooting, I guess?]

With that, Yeon-woo exchanged trivial texts with her as he walked home. Yeon-woo had been tutoring his friends for quite some time now. Surprisingly, he had a knack for teaching, as Seong-sik and Junsoo’s grades saw a significant improvement.

Teaching helped Yeon-woo to clarify his own understanding of ambiguous concepts. He had previously felt the unexpected joy of teaching when he was taking acting classes at Cheol-min academy. Now, to Junsoo and Seong-sik’s parents, Yeon-woo was almost like a god. Whenever Yeon-woo visited, they referred to him as “Master Ryu” in awe and respect.

***

Prosecutor Han Hae-woon had finally found a woman named Jeong Hyemin through his tenacity. She was running a Pilates studio in Incheon.

“It was hard to find her as she’s not job-seeking or active on SNS,” he thought.

Unlike Jeon Su-hwan, who was recorded as deceased, she was living an ordinary life. It was the first time he had found someone who appeared in his visions.

But this only complicated matters further.

Following a civilian without a good reason for investigation was practically stalking.

If it came out that he had been investigating this seemingly harmless woman, what could he possibly say in his defense? ‘Because she appeared in my dreams? That makes me look insane.’ If he were to investigate her directly, it would have to be covertly.

Considering the distance between Incheon and Busan, he figured he would have to conduct the investigation on his vacation. Knowing that the woman he had been searching for had no apparent connection to any incident made Prosecutor Han Hae-woon even more cautious.

***

Time flew by as Han Hae-woon carried on his investigation, and the college entrance exam was just a day away for Ryu Yeon-woo. For the past few months, he had focused on studying, fitting in only short, one-day schedules like photo shoots.

Tomorrow marks the end of his high school life and the start of his full-scale activities in the entertainment industry. As if it was planned, his phone started to flood with call as the evening approached.

“Jin-yuk Hyung.”

[Jin-yuk, you’re taking the college entrance exam tomorrow, right? I thought of you when I saw the news about the exam.]

“Thank you. I heard you’re going into a new project.”

[Yes. It’s going to be tough. We have a shoot in Southeast Asia.]

“Well, it’s good you’re going in the winter.”

[Yeah, I should think of it as going on a vacation.]

After ending the call with several other well-wishers, his phone rang again.

“So-hyeon Noona.”

[Yeon-woo, have you studied a lot?]

“Just as usual. Haha.”

[To have a younger sibling around me taking the college entrance exam! That’s when your age feels real.]

“Don’t I usually not feel like a student?”

[Totally! You’re Captain Ryu. What high school student can prepare octopus like that?]