Episode 19: Wrapping Up and Contracts

At Director Kim Han-soo’s call for the final cut, the lights in the restaurant went dim, and Yeon-woo appeared, carrying a cake that the staff had prepared in advance. The sound director quickly played music through the connected speakers.

“What is this? When did you prepare this? Everyone!”

Quickly, So-hyeon’s eyes turned slightly red, and her nose twitched.

While the previous historical drama was successful at the box office and even won awards, the atmosphere among the cast wasn’t exactly harmonious. Although ‘Summer Promise’ was a smaller production in scale compared to that historical drama, the filming atmosphere was so good that So-hyeon’s affection for this production was even stronger than the previous one.

As the lights softly came back on, Director Kim Han-soo himself got up and held his phone to speak.

“Hey, all three main leads, gather here. We’re going to take a commemorative photo.”

“Director, with so many good cameras around, why use a phone for the photo?”

In response to Jin-yuk’s comment as she looked around the set, the staff chuckled.

“Normally, we take commemorative photos with our phones. Haha.”

Yeon-woo approached with the cake and stood between them, positioning So-hyeon in the middle, and the three of them stood together.

“Alright, let’s take the photo. One, two, three.”

–Click–

The director, who found the trio’s picture-perfect pose captivating, made a request once more.

“Let’s take one more shot. One, two, three.”

–Click–

“Kyaaak!”

With the sound of the camera, So-hyeon let out a small scream. While shooting, Yeon-woo had taken a bit of cake cream on his finger and playfully smeared it on So-hyeon’s cheek.

“Yeon-woo!”

Amidst the lively atmosphere of the main actors, the set was filled with laughter.

“Wow, Director, this photo is so natural and nice. We could even use it for our drama poster. It’s a bit late to say that, though.”

“Indeed. It was a great work. Thank you for your hard work.”

Director Kim Han-soo nodded as he looked at the photo and exchanged words of appreciation with Assistant Director Jo.

“Oh, Director, every time I shoot, I feel it, but I truly respect you.”

Director Kim Han-soo smiled at Assistant Director Jo’s sincere words, which didn’t feel like flattery.

The staff members also exchanged words of appreciation with their colleagues, each with their own smiles. Then, the youngest member, Yeon-woo, shouted out.

“Directors, hyungs, noonas! Let’s take a group photo with the supporting cast members too. Before the dinner gathering, let’s take a proper picture as a group!”

“Hahaha. We can’t refuse our youngest.”

Assistant Director kang In-chang was the first to move, and as the staff members gathered, they began arranging the space by pushing tables aside. Dozens of people stood in a row, creating a large group.

In the center were the writer, Choi Mi-hyu, and the supporting actors who had visited to mark the end of shooting, along with Director Kim Han-soo and the three main leads. They stood in formation, surrounded by the staff and supporting cast members.