Chapter 2

"Leonia Boleoti. That's your new name." Phileo said. Leonia stare at him.

"It's too long." Leonia bluntly said. "Leonia is your name, idiot." Phileo said. "I'm not an idiot!" Leonia shouted at him.

Phileo carried Leonia in his arms. "I should call an attitude tutor when we get back to the dukedom. Or you can just share Lucy's tutor." Phileo said to her.

Luciana still stare at them with terrified eyes but stop when Phileo's held his hand towards her while Leonia still struggling.

"Let's go." Phileo said. Luciana stare at his hand before take it. Phileo help her to enter the carriage before he enter with Leonia.

Rupert stare at them in daze. "... My, My Lord..?!" Rupert quickly yelled when he come to his sense.

"This Mister! Are you having fun messing with a child?!" Leonia shouted when Phileo poked her cheek. "It's more fun than I thought." Phileo said still poke her cheek. "This Mister seems like a pervert!" Leonia said in anger.

"How can you become this lady's father?! Did you act around her like this too?!" Leonia shouted at him and look at Luciana who stare at them in silence.

"Lucy? Are you okay?" Phileo asked her when he's notice something wrong. "Huh? Oh, yes. Yes, I'm okay." Luciana said looking down.

"Father didn't even tease me like that..." Luciana thought gripping her dress.

"Wait a moment! What just happened...?!" Rupert quickly said but Phileo close the door.

Leonia Boleoti.

The 'Roaring' (Philio) 'Lion' (Leonia)

Count Carnis Rinne.

He's one of the few in the people in the Empire that can have a casual conversation with the Duke.

If Duke Boleoti is a snow-capped peak, Count Rinne is a sun-kissed praire.

He brag about his child any chance that he gets... To the point where it's probably etched in his mind.

"Just sit down. You're annoying." Phileo blankly said.

There seemed to be a lot families on that day particular. Phileo and Luciana's relationship more like boss and substitute than father and daughter but yet he still treat her like his daughter. Of course Luciana didn't see it.

Everyone seemed happy. Deep down inside Phileo's heart, he want to be happy family together with Luciana and Luciana also want it too but she stopped herself as she always reminded herself about she's just a doll that gonna become Duchess of Boleoti in the future.

"But now... I don't know anymore." Luciana thought.

"... So, that's why you're adopting me?" Leonia said looked at Phileo in disbelief. "Yeah." Phileo bluntly said.

"I mean! People usually adopt because they are unable to conceive a child! Or because they like children so much, or because they saw them on volunteering! Or maybe they look just like dead child of theirs! But you're adopting because your friend told you about his kid?! Really?!" Leonia said in anger.

"And you already have a daughter! Why would you adopt another one?!" Leonia said pointed towards Luciana in front of them.

"You look unsatisfied." Phileo said.

"Mister, are you stupid?" Leonia said finally give up at him. "My younger daughter seems to have quite a vocabulary." Phileo said.

"Didn't you want this too? Isn't that why you blocked our path?" Phileo said glance at Leonia.

"... Yeah." Leonia slowly said.

"He helped escape from that gloomy old orphanage. It was something close to a gamble. I've never thought I'd be this fortunate though." Leonia thought.

Outside the carriage, Rupert was talking with the director.

"You know... I have a request." Leonia suddenly said.

"The teachers and the head of that orphanage, they're embezzling funds." Leonia said. "I figured." Phileo said looking outside.

"They abused us. They've been talking to the pimps now too." Leonia suddenly said make Luciana and Phileo surprise.

"Do you know what a pimp is...?" Phileo asked her in surprise. "I know! They're people that sells others to brothels and stuff!" Leonia said in anger.

Luciana and Phileo stare at her. Even though, Luciana just 12 years old, she's know about this since she almost become one when she was kid.

"They're planning to sell off one of the girls. So, can you punish them?" Leonia said looked at Phileo's face.

"... All of them?" Phileo asked her. "Everyone except Miss Connie. She took good care of us." Leonia said.

"... A woman with brown hair and broken finger, right?" Luciana suddenly said make they surprised. "Oh, right! How did you know?" Leonia said to her.

"... She's the only one who take care of the children." Luciana said as she remembered about earlier.

"He always hit us when he's drunk." Leonia said. "The Dean?" Phileo asked her. "Yes." Leonia said.

"That bruise in your arm?" Phileo said as Luciana look at her arms. "This is because of another teachers." Leonia said.

"The bruise of Dean was on my back. So punish him." Leonia said. "How? Should I kill him?" Phileo asked her.

"No, torture him until he begs for a quick death." Leonia said. Luciana take out something from her pouch that she bring and sit beside Leonia.

"This gonna hurt a little bit." Luciana said gently put the ointment at Leonia's arms. "Woah, thank you!" Leonia happily said. Luciana smile a little at her.

Phileo stare at them before look at the window. "... Is she really only five? Lucy at that age was... Emotionless." Phileo thought and remember when Luciana was five years old.

"Your Grace." Rupert said holding something. "Rupert." Phileo call his name and take the papers at his hand. "Yes." Rupert said.

"You stay here." Phileo suddenly said make Rupert look at him in surprise. "... Pardon?" Rupert said in disbelief.

"It was pretty dirty. You should do some cleaning for them." Phileo darkly said and giving some other meaning behind his words.

"Clean it thoroughly, and leave no dust behind." Phileo said. ".... I understand." Rupert slowly said and immediately understand his words.

"Mister!!" Leonia suddenly yelled make Luciana flinched in surprise.

"If you're going to clean it, tear their arms and legs apart! Hit them in the back with black leather belt! Put their nose on the plate! Cut everything off until they can never stand up again!" Leonia said.

"Except for Miss Connie! She's been treating us nicely! There's evidence of embezzlement in the safe behind photo frame!" Leonia said in determination.

"She is spirited." Phileo said while the soul of Rupert and Luciana already leave from their body.

The carriage then start to move. Leonia held her head out and waving at them happily.

"... She's not the Duke's hidden daughter, right...?" One of the Knight said. "Lady Luciana not like them at all... I feel bad for her to sit with them." Other Knight said.

"First... Let's finish our work." Rupert darkly said.