Chapter 19

Since the , Luciana become more closer with Adrian and forget about her problems with Phileo and Leonia.

Luciana always envies with Leonia since Phileo would always treat her with love more than her. So, she keep her distance with them.

But Adrian tried to pull her out from her darkness and prove to her that he can treat her better more than Phileo. Luciana was happy with it and become more comfortable with him.

Right now, Phileo and Leonia was having a breakfast together like always. While feed Leonia, he glance towards Luciana's seat before looked at the servants.

"Where's Lucy?" Phileo asked them. "Lady Luciana with Marquis Kieran to have their breakfast together, Your Grace." The servants said make he halted his movement for a second.

"Lucy... With Adrian? When did they become so close?" Phileo thought to himself. Leonia looked at him in confusion.

"Mister?" Leonia said in confusion. Phileo turned at her. "Leonia, did Lucy has meet or play with you?" Phileo asked her.

Leonia shake her head at him. "No, she still ignore me." Leonia said. Phileo think for awhile before turn to Rupert.

"When the last time you saw Lucy, Rupert?" Phileo asked him. "... I think two days ago, Your Grace. When Lady Luciana and Marquis Kieran walked together around the garden." Rupert said.

"... Why did they suddenly become so close?" Phileo mumbled. He didn't like the feeling that he feels right now.

Meanwhile with Luciana and Adrian.

There was a laughter inside the room. Luciana giggled loudly while Adrian smiled at her. They were having their breakfast together.

"Marquis, you're funny." Luciana said as she tried to control her laugh. Adrian chuckled before feed her. Luciana open her mouth and eat it.

"You should eat first, Lady." Adrian said wiping her mouth. "Yes, yes." Luciana said finished her laugh.

The door suddenly getting knocked. Noah who was watching them from beside, go and open it. The door open and revealed Rupert.

"Mr Rupert." Noah said nodded at him. "Hello. Is Lady Luciana in there?" Rupert said.

Suddenly Luciana laughing loudly can be heard from inside make Rupert surprise. He peeked inside and found Luciana laughing happily while Adrian tried to calm her down though he also laughing along with her.

"... I've never seen her laughing like that. In this house..." Rupert thought as he looked at them in wide eyes.

"I always thought that she didn't have any emotion..." Rupert thought and remembered when the time Luciana looked like emotionless to everyone and never laugh around anyone else. It's like she's completely a doll that can move.

"... If someone saw this sight, they would assume that they're the family." Rupert thought as he's also one of the person who watched Luciana growing up inside the house.

"Mr Rupert? Do you need anything from The Lady?" Noah said taking his attention. "Ah, His Grace want to see Lady Luciana right now." Rupert said.

"Yes. Please wait a little." Noah said walking to Adrian and Luciana who still giggled towards each other.

"My Lord, My Lady." Noah said make they turned at him. "What is it?" Adrian said wiping Luciana's mouth that still giggle.

"His Grace want to see Lady Luciana right now." Noah said make them froze. Adrian's eyes twitched when he said that.

"I almost forget that she's still Phileo's daughter." Adrian thought and groaned slowly. "I don't want to..." Luciana mumbled and grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't worry, Lady. I will come to meet Phileo later. Then, we'll continue our hang out, okay?" Adrian said patting her hair.

"Okay..." Luciana said pouting at him before jumped down from the chair. He waved at her with a smile as she waved back.

Rupert can saw the childish look from Luciana. "Lady, I'll escort you." Rupert said make Luciana turned at him with her usual face.

"Yes." Luciana said and start walking. "... What is their relationship for them to get close like that?" Rupert thought staring at her from behind.

If someone who is from Boleoti's servants and they heard that Luciana can laugh happily, they would never believe him.

Rupert open the door where Phileo and Leonia was. Luciana walked inside and bowed at them before seat beside him.

"Where were you?" Phileo asked her once she was there. "With Marquis." Luciana said.

"Since when did you two become close?" Phileo said cutting his steak. Luciana didn't answer him and looked down at her dress.

"Why would you care? You will throw me away once Leonia grown up." Luciana thought when suddenly Phileo held the steak in front of her mouth.

"You don't have any answer about it?" Phileo said still holding the steak. Luciana shake her head at him.

"No, thank you. I already eat with Marquis earlier. I should go prepare myself for the teacher's coming later." Luciana said rejected his steak make he froze.

"I'll see you later... Father." Luciana said bowing down at him before walked out.

Leonia looked at frozen Phileo that still shock from Luciana's rejection. "It's hurt, right? Getting rejected by your own daughter." Leonia said laughing at him.

"Shut it." Phileo slowly said and eat the steak in anger.

Later, Luciana need to be with Phileo and Leonia to greet their teachers. Luciana wearing the same color like the two of them.

The carriage park in front of them. A women with blonde hair and an old man who looked really experienced about study bowed at them.

"I'm Cerena Tedross and I shall be teaching etiquette. I'm Lady Luciana's tutor." Cerena said introducing to them. "So pretty." Leonia thought.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ardea and I will be teaching the history." Ardea said smiling to them. "He looks sluggish." Leonia thought.

Luciana gripped her dress and bowed at them. "Thank you for coming, Teachers." Luciana said bowing at them. While Phileo patted Leonia's head.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Leonia Boleoti." Leonia said just bowed down without any elegance. Cerena and Ardea stare at the two girls.

"Countess Tedross and Ardea is Lucy's teacher since she was ten. It's been two years." Phileo said make Leonia turned at him.

"Countess Tedross will be visiting once a week, and Ardea will reside in the mansion." Phileo said.

After introducing themselves, Cerena and Ardea go back to the carriage. Leonia waved at them.

The servants help Phileo and Leonia to take off their coat. Mina come closer and want to help Luciana when suddenly someone walked towards them.

"Phileo, My Ladies." Adrian greet them with smile as Noah followed him from beside like always.

Luciana's face lighten up at him. "Adrian-" Phileo was about to asked him when Luciana suddenly run towards him.

"Marquis!" Luciana happily said and hugged his waist. "Lady!" Adrian happily hugged her back. Everyone was surprised by their affection towards each other.

Phileo can't take it anymore and walked closer to them. "Luciana Boleoti, what is this behavior?" Phileo said grabbed her arms make she surprised.

"Hey, don't be too harsh to her." Adrian said in anger when he saw Phileo carelessly grabbed her arms. Phileo glared at him.

"Shut up. Luciana is my daughter. Don't come any closer to her anymore or you don't want me to kick you away." Phileo said with a glare before dragging Luciana with him.

"F-Father! You're hurting me!" Luciana tried to get him off but Phileo glared at her. "Shut up." Phileo said before dragged her to walked inside.

Luciana looked at Adrian from behind and almost cried when she got treat like that. "Marquis..." Luciana slowly said.