Chapter 35

A long time ago, the continent was divided into five regions: The North, The South, The East, The West and the capital.

The ruler of the central region desired to unify the continent and form them as one tremendous kingdom.

And so he embarked on his quest to bring them all together one by one.

With the exception of the North and East, everyone consented to join the Central kingdom as time passes by.

With their vast lands and endless mineral resources, the regions that the Imperial family coveted the most, the Northern and Eastern lands soon turned into an eyesores.

And they were labelled as the 'Black Beast' and 'Dark Demon' who possessed bizarre abilities.

They were powerful enough to devour the other regions all by themselves.

Surprisingly, the dispute was resolved fairly smoothly. In fact, the North and East was the first to reach out.

They only had two conditions.

The North and East will stay completely autonomous.

Marriage between The Imperial Family between The Northern Dukedom or The East Territories is prohibited.

The Imperial Family wasn't particularly pleased by these conditions, however they had no other choice but to accept.

This is how the present day Melios Empire was founded.

"As you know, Beast Fang from Boleoti and Thirst Demon from Kieran is more powerful. They're clearly same things." Noah said as Adrian told him to tutor Luciana about The East first before she start her training.

Right now the two of them was tutoring at the room. Noah was wearing glasses to teaching Luciana while Luciana focused on him.

"The difference between them is Beast Fang can use Aura and Mana at the same time but with side affects. While Thirst Demon can use Mana and Aura too but not at the same time." Noah said to her.

"Why did Thirst Demon can't use at the same time?" Luciana asked him.

"If you use Mana and Aura at the same time, you will died." Noah said make Luciana surprised. "Again? Why did Thirst Demon have so many risk?" Luciana asked him. Noah smiled at her.

"Lady, the truth is Thirst Demon was just like you said." Noah said make Luciana confused. "What did I said?" Luciana asked him.

"Thirst Demon is not actually a power but a curse. A few centuries ago, there was a man sold his soul to a demon because he was jealous of wizard or sorcerer since he was born without any power." Noah said as he taking some books on his table and open it.

After found the page that he want to, he gave it to Luciana. Luciana quickly looked over it and saw the history of Kieran.

"The demon fulfilled his wish but to pay him, the descendants of the man will be passed the power until now. But what he never realized it was to awakened the power, he needs to suffer. If not, the soul will be taken away forever. Same to his descendants." Noah continued to explain to her.

"Ah... Because of greediness, everyone was suffering. What an asshole..." Luciana thought.

"Lady, this books also has records of Kieran's death who was fail to unseal the power. Same like Lord Adrian's Brother, Lord Eugene Kieran."

Luciana widened her eyes when she look at the picture of young boy with white and red eyes who exactly like Adrian, smiling inside the photo.

"Lord Eugene was supposed to become the Marquis, not Lord Adrian. But when he needed to awakened the Thirst Demon and unseal it, he was in pain. And eventually, he fail to destroy the chain. His soul was taken away and died at the age of 12." Noah sadly said and looked at the book.

Luciana was shaking as she suddenly remind the time when she was completely unseal it. "... If Dad didn't help me that time, I will be dead by now..." Luciana thought in silence.

Noah noticed her discomfort as he take the book back away from her. "You'll be alright now, Lady since you already destroyed the chain. But it's still too risky if you want to use Thirst Demon without any training." Noah said.

"Now, back to topic." Noah said clapping his hands to taking her attention. Luciana quickly composed herself.

"Lord Adrian said that when you accidentally awakened it, you're letting your fire out." Noah said make Luciana nodded. He hummed at her and write on the board behind him.

"The fire was actually main power. Thirst Demon can use any elements like ice, water, and anything else. But fire was the important element as every Kieran's should have. You can use the other elements if you're working hard." Noah said as he draw the elements on the board.

"Do you understand, Lady?" Noah said as he looked back at Luciana. Luciana nodded at him.

"I understand." Luciana said. Noah smiled at her intelligence of how fast she catches.

"But I have a question." Luciana said taking his attention. "What is it?" Noah asked her.

"I heard The East has another Lord. I also didn't know that Kieran was the other master of the East." Luciana said.

"Ah... You mean Marquis Ortio." Noah said make she nodded.

"Hmm... Ortio's household was also another master of the East." Noah explained to her.

"Actually, Madam Stella is a distant relative of Ortio's family. That's why Ortio and Kieran become the masters of the East." Noah said.

"Ah... Is that why when Kieran's become Ghost Marquis, Ortio covered every works for The East?" Luciana asked him. "That's right. You're also relative for Ortio, Lady. So, later or sooner, The Marquess will come here to see you." Noah said.

"You know everything about Kieran and Thirst Demon, Noah. Even though, you're not Kieran. I thought Dad was the one who will explain it to me." Luciana said as she call Ella to prepare the refreshments after class for them.

"Like I said, I always thought Thirst Demon and Kieran was an incredible people and power. That's why I study about them." Noah said taking the seat in front of her.

"Even the bad one?" Luciana asked and take the biscuits when Ella put the snacks. "Of course. Even if it's was bad, I still want to learn more about it." Noah said sipping the tea after Ella poured it for them.

"Anyway, where did Dad and Mom go? I should start training today but he cancelled it." Luciana said munching the snacks. Noah suddenly sweat drop as he knows what was happening to his masters.

"... Let's just say it's a good thing."

At the same time.

"How dare you..." The women with blue short hair with blue color, glaring at the couple in front of her. She look exactly like Stella.

"You didn't told me that you found my niece?!"

Adrian started to regret for come there while Stella just sighed at the woman in front of her.

Adrian stare at the women in front of her. The other master of East, Marquis Ortio and direct cousin of Stella.