Chapter 11

Inside Leonia's room.

"He must have liked the cookies, right?" Leonia happily asked Connie who was tugging her. "Yes, of course! You're the one that made them, after all!" Connie said to her.

"You've been very busy today. You were so cool earlier. Are you uncomfortable somewhere?" Connie said to her. "Really?" Leonia said.

"Of course. Now let's get you to sleep. If you need anything, please feel free to ring the bell." Connie said smiling at her.

Leonia looked at the special bell in confusion. "It's a magic bell. Every servant is able to hear it." Connie said.

"Do you see this bracelet? I can hear the bell through this thing here." Connie said showing the bracelet at her hand.

"That's cool..." Leonia slowly said as she start to feel sleepy. Connie take the bell from her hand. "Right? I think it's cool too. It's quite expensive though. I'll leave it here." Connie said put the bell at the nightstand beside her bed.

"Sleep well." Connie said shut the door slowly and let Leonia sleeping.

At Luciana's room.

"My Lady. It's time to sleep." Mina, Luciana's personal maid said when Luciana sit on her couch inside her room.

"Okay. I'll sleep later. You can go rest." Luciana blankly said to her. Mina stare at her in worried when she saw Luciana still awake but she still obeyed her.

"Yes, My Lady. I wish you a good night." Mina said before gently close the door and leave her alone. The room become dark but Luciana still sit at her couch and stare at the window.

"... Leonia..." Luciana suddenly thought the little girl who was close with her. She take the biscuits that Leonia gave her earlier and stare at it.

Without saying anything, Luciana stands up and throw it away at the trash can. She looked at it for awhile and turned away from it.

At Phileo's room.

"This is regarding Lady Leonia's condition during her birth." Rupert said make Phileo looked at him.

"Aren't we over this already?" Phileo darkly said to him and glared at him. Rupert flinched in fear.

"I believe you should look more into it." Rupert bravely said to him. "Why?" Phileo said put the cookie away from his mouth. "Please don't get offended by what I'm going to say." Rupert said. "That's not necessary." Phileo quickly said.

"I'm begging you. I'm putting my life on the line, after all." Rupert said shaking in fear with teary eyes. "Well, do you want a pinky promise too?" Phileo bluntly said and eat the biscuit that Leonia gave him.

"I believe... Lady Leonia and Lady Regina might have a possible connection." Rupert said make Phileo froze.

Rupert held his head down as he waiting for his master to speak. "... Regina is dead." Phileo said after didn't say anything for awhile.

Rupert glance at somewhere else before looked back at him. "But we've never found her body." Rupert said.

"If Lady Regina and her lover had escaped the accident. And their daughter is Lady Leonia. We must correct the rumors that she's an illegitimate child." Rupert said to him.

"... I see. To be honest, I had also been thinking of investigating Leonia's past." Phileo said thinking for a moment.

"I see." Rupert said in relief as he managed to survive from his master.

"But listening to you has convinced me that we should not. We met Leonia at an orphanage." Phileo said to him as he looked at the biscuits packaging that Leonia gave him.