Chapter 3

The night come and the father and daughters still in the carriage. Luciana seat in front of them. She look at Leonia who didn't have any jacket. She stand up and put her big fluff jacket on her small body.

"Wear this. You can get cold." Luciana said. "Ah, it's okay. You'll get cold then." Leonia tried to give her back but Luciana shake her head at her.

"It's fine. My dress can warm me up." Luciana said then sit back in front of them. Phileo stare at Luciana who was shaking in coldness even though, she tried to hide it. He take off his big jacket before put it on her.

"You think I didn't notice that you're shaking? Wear this." Phileo said. Luciana stare at him before cuddled at his jacket. "Thank you, Father..." Luciana said.

"Smelled like Father..." Luciana thought and slowly smiled to herself.

Leonia's stomach suddenly growl in hunger. Then followed by Luciana make she hide her face. Phileo stare at his daughters.

The window suddenly knocked from outside make he open the window. "What is it, Dame Levipath?" Phileo said. "I'm sorry, we have to stop suddenly, Your Grace." Levipath said.

"It's late, and the lady doesn't seem to well. We were wondering if you would like to spend night at the nearby Inn." Levipath said.

"Ah, I'm fine..." Leonia said but Phileo cut her off. "Let's do that." Phileo said. "Hey, I'm talking here, Mister!" Leonia angrily said.

"You're shaking because you have not eaten, but you still seem to have loud voice." Phileo said.

"Beside, Lucy also not eaten yet since morning. She's need a rest." Phileo said looked at Luciana who almost doze off.

A few minutes later, Phileo stare at the inn in front of them. "It seems alright for Leonia and Lucy to rest here." Phileo thought.

Phileo walked out from the carriage. Luciana tried to stay awake and look at Leonia. "Leonia, you want me to carry you? That jacket seem to big." Luciana said.

"Ah, it's okay. I'm dirty. I don't want to you to get dirty." Leonia said but Luciana didn't listen to her. She bring Leonia in her arms even though, she's small. "Stay still." Luciana said. Leonia didn't say anything since she was in shock at the 12 years old strength.

"Levipath, once Leonia recovers her strength, make preparations to leave." Phileo said. "Yes, Your Grace." Levipath said.

Luciana slowly walked when her heels suddenly slipped. Luciana and Leonia squealed loudly. Luciana warps her hands around Leonia's head to protect her.

The two of them close their eyes to waiting the impact when Phileo quickly run to them and save them.

Leonia and Luciana open their eyes when they feels Phileo's arms. "W-Wow, we almost died! Mister, your reaction time was something else-!" Leonia said while Luciana still processed what was happening.

"The Duke just took a knee...!!" Levipath thought in shock.

"Dame Levipath. Take care of Lady Leonia. I'll take Lady Luciana." Phileo said. "Ah, yes, Sir!" Levipath quickly said.

"First, get her somewhere warm and get her some food after." Phileo said give Leonia to Levipath while holding Luciana's hand. "I'll go ask the inn owner to make preparations right away." Levipath said holding Leonia.

"Father, I can go with other Knight..." Luciana slowly mumbled. "I'll take care of you. It's not like it's first time you sleeping with me." Phileo said ignore her word.

At the room inside the inn.

Luciana showered alone at bathroom that they prepared. She stare at her reflection at the mirror in front of her.

"What happened just now..." Luciana thought and close her eyes before shake it.

"Let's not worried about this now." Luciana thought pouring the waters at her hair.

After she change her clothes.

"Let's go have dinner." Phileo said at her. "Yes." Luciana said walking together to the other room.

"Surprise!" Leonia happily said to them when she walked in. Phileo stare at her while Luciana smile at her.

"It smells so nice! I've never smelled something like this before!" Leonia happily sniffed her clothes. To be exact, it's Luciana's clothes.

"You're still pretty ugly. Be pretty like Lucy." Phileo bluntly said make Leonia irritated at him.

"And did you help with that at all?!" Leonia shouted in anger and tried to kick him. "Oh?" Phileo said.

"I don't have nothing to do with that, but you're my second daughter now, so I should worried about it all the same. Just become prettier like Lucy." Phileo said. "Just live with it! This is your future!" Leonia said.

"And I know that Lady was prettier because she is your daughter!" Leonia said. Phileo sit at the chairs that they prepared. Leonia sit on the right while Luciana sit on the left.

"I've never just 'lived' something in my life." Phileo said. "That's what it means to raise a child! How the heck did you raise this Lady then?!" Leonia said in anger.

"Can we eat now...?" Luciana finally cut their fight off. They finally stop and start to eat. Levipath stare at them from beside and she can feel the warm atmosphere from there make she smiled.

An hours later.

Leonia already fall asleep at another room while Luciana fall asleep at Phileo's room. Outside the room, Phileo and Levipath was discussed about something.

"The abused was seemed pretty serious. According to Lady Leonia, the beatings took place continually over long periods of time." Levipath explained to him.

"I was surprised because she was small for her age, but it looks like they didn't feed her properly as well." Levipath said.

"... It's like Lady Luciana when she first come to Dukedom, Your Grace." Levipath hesitantly said.

Phileo's eyes darkened when he suddenly remember the first time he met Luciana. "Dame Levipath." Phileo called her name. "Yes, Your Grace." Levipath quickly said.

"Anyone who has dared to touch the children will be brought to the dukedom. I'll torture them by myself." Phileo darkly said.