Chapter 12

At Phileo's room.

Phileo and his daughters have a rest together after their breakfast. They sit at the couch inside of the room. Luciana was about to sit at somewhere else when Leonia pull her hand.

"Lady Lucy! Sit beside me!" Leonia said patted the place beside her. Luciana just nodded and sit beside her. Phileo sit beside Leonia on the right make she sit between them.

"My Lady, here's your book." Connie said gave Leonia a book. "My Lady." Mina also gave Luciana her usual book. "Thank you." Leonia and Luciana said together. Phileo then turned at them.

Phileo looked at the cover of Leonia's book. 'Live is meaningless' is the title make he looked at her with blank face before turned at Luciana.

The expression of his face changed drastically when he saw the book at Luciana's hand. 'True, live is meaningless' is the title.

"... Is it the same series?" Phileo thought in confusion.

"Lady, after you done read it, can you give me the next season?" Leonia said pointing at the book at her hand. Luciana nodded at her. Phileo still looked at them with blank face.

"... What about fairytale?" Phileo quickly asked them, taking their attention. "They're too childish." Leonia said to him while Luciana agree with her.

"Kids at your age are supposed to read stuff like that." Phileo said to them. "I'm nearly done with the first season anyway. I'll read the next season that Lady Lucy's read right now." Leonia said as they continued read together.

"... Looks like Lucy's influenced getting Leonia." Phileo thought.

"... Where'd you two find that books?" Phileo asked them. "My library. I brought this books a few years ago but I love to read it over and over again." Luciana said to him casually. "And I borrowed from Lady Lucy." Leonia said.

"... Why'd you brought that books, Lucy?" Phileo asked her. "... The title seems interesting to me when I found it." Luciana said to him.

"From my experience, life is truly meaningless." Luciana said with blank face. "Me too." Leonia said with the same expression.

"I guess that could've been your realization. Since living at the orphanage must've been tough." Phileo thought. He stare at them before looked at Leonia.

"... Leonia, do you ever want to see your birth parents?" Phileo suddenly asked make Leonia turned at him but Luciana flinched from behind.

"Mister. I don't know who they are." Leonia said to him. Phileo and Luciana turned at her with wide eyes.

"I don't remember anything before at the orphanage. You're my parent and Lady Lucy is my sister now." Leonia said continued read.

"I don't remember anything about my birth parents. And I don't have any feelings for people I can't remember. It's just sad that they're just a 'secret' part of me. That I can't ever meet again." Leonia thought in sadness.

Luciana glance at her before looked back at the book. "... If I remember, my 'parents' abandoned me at that orphanage because of my eyes." Luciana thought.

"... But really. I don't hold any feelings to someone who abandoned their child just because of stupid reasons." Luciana thought.

"Do I need to remember?" Leonia nervously asked Phileo when he didn't say anything.

Phileo hold his arms out to Leonia and gently put her at his lap. He then told Luciana to sit closer to them. Luciana did what he told.

"It's fine if you don't." Phileo said to Leonia. He takes out the strawberry milk candy and feed it to Leonia as she eat it. Phileo then turned at Luciana to feed her favorite caramel candy.