Chapter 6

After that, the mansion was in chaos because of the family.

"Because it's true-!" The maid said to each other. "The Duke come home with another child!" The other maid said.

"He kept holding her in his arm, you know?" The mercenary said to his coworkers. "But, well, that child-"

"They said she have black hair."

"Did the Duke have a woman?" The maids said. "There's no way he's doesn't with a face like his?" The other maid said. "But he seems so scary...!!" The maids said.

"But Lady Leonia didn't seem to scary at all." Connie said from beside.

Flashback.

"Hello!" Leonia happily said to the Head Maid.

"My name is Leonia Boleoti!" Leonia said to her. "She's cute." Connie thought from behind.

"Connie." Someone suddenly call her. Cara nodded at her as she want to talk to her. "Do you intend to Lady Leonia?" Cara asked her. "Yes." Connie said.

"... She's someone suffered a lot, so please give her some special attention." Cara said.

"She's like Lady Luciana. If we didn't treat her with special attention, she's gonna become like Lady Luciana. Emotionless. And we don't want that happen again." Cara said make Connie stare at her.

Flashback end.

"She's too skinny..." Connie said when she suddenly remember when she cleaned Leonia's body.

".. But her round eyes are really cute." Connie said. "Kids are normally cute..." The other maid said. "But I was thinking about this for a while..." The maid said make they turned at her.

"What's gonna happen to Lady Luciana then?"

At Phileo's office.

Cara, Meleis and other Knight look at Phileo in disbelief after he tell them the reason.

"What were you thinking, Your Grace?! You adopted her for a reason like that?!" Cara said in anger.

"This is too irresponsible! Have you thought of her perspective at all?! Have you thought Lady Luciana's perspective too?!" Cara said in anger.

Phileo ignored them and looked outside the window. Luciana and Leonia was playing the snows together with their maids. Leonia happily laughed at her while Luciana just smiled at her.

"A child is not pet." Cara suddenly said that make Phileo surprise.

"It's enough that you adopted Lady Luciana just for shut the noble's mouth. Your Grace's actions like adopting children is easy like adopted a cat for you to play with." Cara said.

"Do you think I don't know that?" Phileo darkly said at her.

"Otherwise, you wouldn't have brought in a child so impulsively!" Cara angrily said. Phileo and Cara stare at each other make the room become tensed in that atmosphere.

"But more importantly. Are you really not related by blood? Please calm down." The Knight said to them. "... Don't make me repeat myself." Phileo said.

"First, her black hair..." The Knight said thinking for a moment.

Black hair. Only those of Boleoti family have that hair color. A child was suddenly adopted by the Boleoti family. And she has black hair. Rumors will spread, including speculation that she's the Duke's illegitimate daughter.

"... First, get her to gain some weight. And stop asking me about things left and right." Phileo said.

"Hah... What do you plan on doing?" Cara asked him. "What do you mean? I'll raise her the same way as I raise Lucy." Phileo said. "That's already given." Cara said.

Phileo stare back at outside where Luciana and Leonia played together.

"I'm glad he seem to have care like Lady Luciana." Cara thought.

"First... We'll have to silence everyone starting rumors about your impulsive actions. I recently called in some merchants to buy things for Lady Leonia and Lady Luciana. So rumors must've been calculating throughout the territory as well." Cara said.

"How do you plan on dealing them again? Five years ago, you shut everyone up with Lady Luciana's appearance. What about now?" Cara said looked at Phileo.

Phileo didn't say anything and continue staring at his daughters. Leonia happily pulls Luciana's hand to run around together. They smiled at each other widely.

"... She's already running around with Lucy like this is her own house." Phileo said smirked a little. Cara, Meleis and The Knight looked at him weirdly.

"For now, just let them be. I'm too lazy to think about it." Phileo said. "But...!" Meleis suddenly said make Phileo glare at her. Meleis slowly turn her gaze away to the ground.

"... They may say some unpleasant things behind her back. They also may say that to Lady Luciana. It's simple to someone like them to turn into something for people gawk at..." Meleis slowly said.

"Behind their back. Of course, no suicidal maniac will dare insult them outright, but, we can just kill them." Phileo darkly said.

"If I spot someone like that, I'll grant them the glory of wetting my blade with their blood." Phileo said sit at his chair. Meleis bowed at him.

"Your Grace, it's Manuce." Someone knocked the door. "Come in." Phileo said.

"The squad is waiting in the lobby." Manuce said bowed down at him. Phileo's eyes darkened at it.

"Our beloved guest is here." Phileo darkly said.