Chapter 27

When the night come, the mansion was empty after what was happening. Leonia and Luciana was resting in their room after passed out and sleep for three days.

Luciana slowly moved her body and want to open her eyes when she only see darkness. She slowly looked around and can't see anything within her eyes.

"My eyes... Why I can't see it? Am I... Blind?" Luciana thought as she start to panicked. Her hands slowly shaking and touched her eyes.

".... I can't see." Luciana slowly said when suddenly someone hold her hands make she flinched. She grabbed the hands.

"W-Who?" Luciana slowly asked. "It's me." Adrian said make Luciana relief at his presence.

"Marquis... I can't see... Am I blind?" Luciana slowly said while her tears almost falling. "You're not blind, Lucy. There's has bandage around your eyes." Adrian said before help to open the bandage from her eyes.

Luciana squinted her eyes when she suddenly feels the headache make she almost fall before Adrian catch her.

"Your eyes was still damaged after you accidentally unseal the Thirst Demon." Adrian said before warping the bandage back to her eyes. Luciana lay down back to her bed and grabbed Adrian's hand as a comfort.

"To protect your eyes and everyone else, you need to wear this for awhile until you can control it." Adrian said patting her hair.

"When did you get here?" Luciana asked him. "Three days ago. You were sleeping the entire time." Adrian said.

"... Because of the Thirst Demon's?" Luciana said as she remember what happened three days ago. She also remembered the time when she completely unseal the power and almost lost her life.

"... It's hurt." Luciana mumbled. "What is?" Adrian gently asked her while swipe her blue hair away from her face.

"... When I completed unseal the Thirst Demon's. It's feels like my heart getting squeeze by something." Luciana said as she's still trembling in fear. Adrian stare at her.

"The Chain of Thirst Demon will warping around your heart the moment you accidentally awakened your power. Once you done unseal it, the chain will be locked forever and take their life away if you don't have any training." Adrian explained to her.

"If you already been training, you can destroyed it but you can't since you didn't know that you're Kieran." Adrian said again.

"... I'm sorry. I knew the warning but..." Luciana said gripping his hands. "I've been holding it for two years." Luciana said with teary eyes.

"It's an accident, Lucy." Adrian said and comfort her. "I know... But she always getting on my nerves. She told me that The Duke just using me. I already know about that." Luciana said as she start to crying.

"Then after Leonia is here, she said The Duke will throw me away since I'm useless for him. She also easily poked my forehead without caring about my feelings." Luciana said. Adrian let her to let out every anger and sadness that she have been buried inside of her.

"Even if I'm just The Duke's adopted daughter, I'm still a child. Who have feelings like everyone else. I know that I'm different but can't they stop looking down on me? Compare me to Leonia?" Luciana said crying until the bandage become wet.

"I'm not Leonia. I'm myself and I'll never be her. I don't mind if they love Leonia more than me but stop comparing us." Luciana said.

"I'm tired of it. The Duke, Rupert, Cara and everyone else. I know that The Duke took me as his daughter because of the nobles but I can't help it but want love from him. Am I didn't deserve it?" Luciana said.

Luciana sniffling loudly as she tried to control her sadness. Adrian pull her to his embrace and patted her back.

"She just a child who lacked of love from her father. A child who always hide her feelings from everyone else. A child who always feels that she was not enough." Adrian thought while comforting her.

Luciana slowly stopped crying and sleep at his embrace. Adrian stare at her face before gently put her to the bed. He change the bandage to new one since she have been crying.

"How much has she endure the pain? I can't imagine it..."