Chapter 20

"Father...! You're hurting me!" Luciana said as she feels the grip around her arms tighten. Phileo ignored her and walking towards his office.

"Luciana! What is this behavior?! How dare you treat the Marquis like he is your family?" Phileo said letting her arm go and glared down at her.

Luciana whimper and rubbed the mark from his hands at her arms. "... I'm sorry." Luciana said gripped her dress in fear.

"Don't come any closer to him anymore. I warned you, Luciana." Phileo said still mad at the poor girl in front of him. If he call her full name, it's mean he's really mad right now.

Luciana started to shaking in fear and her tears almost fall down from her eyes. "B-But I want to get closer with him..." Luciana mumbled but it's make Phileo more angry.

"I said... Don't meet with him anymore!" Phileo said holding his hand in the air and almost hit her when he realized it. Luciana covered herself in fear.

"I-I'm sorry!" Luciana yelled loudly. Phileo froze at her and slowly put his hand down.

"Lucy, I'm sorry..." Phileo calmed down and tried to touch her when Luciana flinched and looked at him in fear. She back away from him make Phileo notice it.

"Marquis... I want Marquis!" Luciana thought before she cried softly. Phileo gripped his hands in disappointment before turned away and leave her behind.

"Go..." Phileo slowly said. Luciana immediately run outside and slammed the door loudly.

Luciana continue to running aimlessly until she tripped over her feet and fell down on her face. She slowly pushed herself up and found that her nose was bleeding.

"I hate this... I hate this! I want to run away! Run away leaving everything behind!" Luciana thought in sadness and crying to herself.

"Lady... Lucy?" Luciana flinched when she heard the familiar voice. She turned behind with her teary face and bloody because of her nosebleed.

"Lady Lucy! Are you okay?!" Leonia quickly said in worried and come closer to her. Meleis also there to escort her and worried about her.

"Don't come..." Luciana mumbled and slowly stand up only to flinched when she feels the pain from her leg. She glance down and looked at her sprained ankle.

"My Lady, your nose was bleeding! Let me help you!" Meleis said and was about to grabbed her when Luciana shake her head away from her.

"It's fine... I'm not weak." Luciana said to her and slowly walked using the wall. Leonia ignored it and grabbed her arms.

"Let me help you!" Leonia said in determination. Luciana was annoyed by everything and pull her arms harshly from her.

"I said I'm fine! I'm not weak! If I'm weak, The Duke would never adopted me! Do you understand?!" Luciana said in anger but tears continue to dripping down from her eyes.

Leonia flinched when she yelled at her for the first time. Luciana turned back and continue to walking using the wall until someone appeared in front of her.

"Lady?" Adrian said in surprise at her condition. Noah also surprised beside him. Luciana stare at him with wide eyes and burst into tears in front of him.

"M-Marquis...!" Luciana call him while crying. She feels relieved when she saw him and really want to be with him.

"Lady! Are you okay?!" Adrian said quickly catch her. Noah take out some handkerchief from his pocket and put it on her bloody nose.

Without knowing, Phileo walked out from his office and heard the noise that not too far away from his office. He walked closer only surprised by the sight in front of him.

Luciana hugged Adrian and cried against his chest. Adrian's clothes was getting red because of her blood but he didn't care about it. Noah tried to stop the blood from beside. While Leonia and Meleis stands far away from them.

"Marquis... I want to run away! I want to run away! Leaving everything! I can't take this anymore!" Luciana said cried at his chest.

Leonia, Meleis and Phileo was surprised by it. Phileo feels his heart dropped when he heard that. Only Luciana wailing can be heard in hallway.

Adrian stand up and bring her to his arms. He glared at Phileo as he is the only one noticed him from behind. His usually dark red eyes slowly change into a slit demonic eyes.

Luciana whimper slowly to his chest. Adrian gave them one last look before walked away together with Noah.

"I will take my daughter back from you, Phileo." Adrian thought in anger. He patted Luciana's back to calm her down.

Adrian didn't bring her to her room but he brought her to the guest room that he was residing. Adrian gently put her to his bed and turned at Noah.

"Call Lady Luciana's personal maid." Adrian ordered him. "Yes, My Lord." Noah said quickly search for Mina.

"Are you okay?" Adrian asked Luciana and put the handkerchief across her nose. Luciana calmed down and nodded at him.

"... Is it true?" Adrian suddenly said make Luciana looked up. "That you want to run away?" Adrian said looking at her.

"... Yes. I want to run away from here." Luciana said push the handkerchief away from her nose to talk.

"His Grace would throw me away once Leonia getting older." Luciana said to him. Adrian hummed at her.

"Then where do you want to go?" Adrian asked her make she froze. Adrian stare at her before gently cupped her face.

"How about live with me and my wife, Lady?" Adrian suddenly asked her make she turned at him with wide eyes.

"... Honestly, I prefer to live with you, Marquis... But I'm scared if you didn't want to." Luciana hesitate to say that. Adrian chuckled at her before patted her hair.

"Lady, you didn't know who I really am yet, right?" Adrian asked her. Luciana shake her head to him. The door suddenly knocked from outside.

"Before that, let's treat you first." Adrian said as he told them to come in. Mina and Noah enter the room while bring the things to treat her.

"My Lady! Are you fine?!" Mina said in worried and quickly looked over Luciana's face. "I'm fine, Mina." Luciana said to her.

"Your nose was swollen and you sprained your feet." Adrian said from beside. Mina quickly looked at her feet and treat it.

While Mina treat her, Adrian noticed the bunny doll beside Mina. "Why did you bring this?" Adrian asked her. Mina looked up for a second and answer it.

"It's because Lady Luciana would always hug it when she was crying." Mina said continued to treat the lady. Adrian hummed and looked at the bunny doll.

"Lady, do you have any relatives?" Adrian suddenly asked her. Noah turned at him with wide eyes.

"Huh? No, I don't have any." Luciana answered him. "... How about your parents? Your biological parents?" Adrian asked her again.

"M-My Lord...!" Noah said but Adrian stopped him. Mina and Luciana looked at them in confusion.

"My biological parents throw me away at an orphanage because they hate my eyes." Luciana said make the two male froze at her. Adrian gripped his hands in anger.

"Who told you that?" Adrian asked her. "The directors of the orphanage." Luciana said as Mina finished warping the bandage around her leg.

"... If I told you that you actually got kidnapped when you were baby and your parents have been searching for 12 years, what would you say?" Adrian said make everyone froze.

Luciana looked at him in wide eyes. "W-What...? Marquis... Who are you?" Luciana slowly said to him. Adrian stare at her in sadness.

"Luciana, you're actually my daughter and I'm your biological father."